BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Spinoff Sorta: Friends and Race

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:56am
One of my best friends is Japanese--we met in college, the other is Australian--we were roommates.  I've never had a problem with either of them, we are all pretty much carbon copies of each other, personality-wise. 
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:09am
Nope my first mind was to say all my friends are black

But, I have a Mexican friend of 16 yrs that I visit with when I go see my mama. Bring her daughter gifts, play a little guitar hero, get a little tipsy and invite to holidays.. but we're not bff's. I love her and am sure I'll be in touch with her for life though. I never really call her though.. but we're ok with that

Edited by Lite Brite - Apr 08 2014 at 1:10am
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:17am
I don't have any. In the city I live in you rarely see people of other races hanging out together. Usually they want the black female to fit into a certain stereotype:

A. be the token super friendly non threatening all American black girl

B. Or be the crazy loud mouth black girl that's always acting as their source of entertainment.

I dont fit into either of those categories so I'll pass.

Edited by Majesty02 - Apr 08 2014 at 2:19am
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:58am
Not a best friend but maybe a friend for life.  My old boss is someone I have a pretty close relationship with even though we haven't talked in years.  We talked about race many times but I usually end up annoyed because she's super sensitive about it and always wants to show me how anti-racist she is.  I used to read a lot on breaks and it would usually be a history book.  When I was reading a book about slavery she was damn near hysterical like I was going to read it and stop being her friend because white ppl had slaves and she feels really bad about it, and she's not like them and blah blahDead.   I looked at her and said "you're not in this book, calm down".   Me and my other black co-worker laughed at her for 10 minutes while she pulled herself together.  

I can't really deal with white ppl anymore though.  Something clicked in my brain about 6 years ago and I haven't been able to deal since then. 
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:20am
I don't have a bff from a different race but some of my close friends are Asian. They are all children of immigrants just like me, and I find that we can relate to certain things even though our culture is different. Plus I find my Asian friends to be funny and retarded so we are definitely compatible with eachother
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:28am
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

I don't have a bff from a different race but some of my close friends are Asian. They are all children of immigrants just like me, and I find that we can relate to certain things even though our culture is different. Plus I find my Asian friends to be funny and retarded so we are definitely compatible with eachother
this right here!!

one of my other friends from my old job is bangladeshi (I don't fuccs with indians though--rude, snobbish and racist) and we would spend our shifts talking about our cultures and how similar they were

..it would be like "oh yeah we do that too", it was nice plus she was funny as hellLOL

Edited by CherryBlossom - Apr 08 2014 at 8:28am
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:36am

Yeah no yt ppl though

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:51am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

Yeah no yt ppl though

in a school full to the brim of whites.. i hung out with the black kids.. even the one i really didn't like , more than the whites. The Pakistani girls were nice. we had some Portuguese and Belarusian exchange students who were cool and my favorite teacher, other than kindergarten lol was from Australia.. couldn't stand my Scottish teacher. She put a bad taste in my mouth
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 9:51am
Yup

Egyptian, Palestinian, German, Pakistani, and French/Thai.

I have always grown up in a diverse community. I know many people, but have a small circle of very close friends, and I love spending time with these ladies. Despite racial differences, there are many similarities in our personalities (educated, ambitious, caring, opinionated, honest, loyal) 

And I wish I could wear a video camera to record all the stares we get when we are out and about. 

iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 9:53am
I only have 2 dark skin friends, the rest mulatto and asian and white, my best friend is a mulatto he is irish and black.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic