Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Spinoff Sorta: Friends and Race

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 9:20pm
Nope. My BFFs are black and have been ride or die for over a decade. One for 24 years and the other 12 years. I have one guy that is Mexican that I am cool with.

I had white friends in high school but after graduation, I cut them really short.

As of now, my circle is black and shall remain that way. I have no real desire to form friendships with others at this time.
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 9:43pm
Not really
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:45pm

no...i'm good.

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 11:37pm
I remember a similar topic, not long.ago.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 11:39pm
me too queenbee...
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:56am
One of my best friends is Japanese--we met in college, the other is Australian--we were roommates.  I've never had a problem with either of them, we are all pretty much carbon copies of each other, personality-wise. 
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:09am
Nope my first mind was to say all my friends are black

But, I have a Mexican friend of 16 yrs that I visit with when I go see my mama. Bring her daughter gifts, play a little guitar hero, get a little tipsy and invite to holidays.. but we're not bff's. I love her and am sure I'll be in touch with her for life though. I never really call her though.. but we're ok with that

Edited by Lite Brite - Apr 08 2014 at 1:10am
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:17am
I don't have any. In the city I live in you rarely see people of other races hanging out together. Usually they want the black female to fit into a certain stereotype:

A. be the token super friendly non threatening all American black girl

B. Or be the crazy loud mouth black girl that's always acting as their source of entertainment.

I dont fit into either of those categories so I'll pass.

Edited by Majesty02 - Apr 08 2014 at 2:19am
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:58am
Not a best friend but maybe a friend for life.  My old boss is someone I have a pretty close relationship with even though we haven't talked in years.  We talked about race many times but I usually end up annoyed because she's super sensitive about it and always wants to show me how anti-racist she is.  I used to read a lot on breaks and it would usually be a history book.  When I was reading a book about slavery she was damn near hysterical like I was going to read it and stop being her friend because white ppl had slaves and she feels really bad about it, and she's not like them and blah blahDead.   I looked at her and said "you're not in this book, calm down".   Me and my other black co-worker laughed at her for 10 minutes while she pulled herself together.  

I can't really deal with white ppl anymore though.  Something clicked in my brain about 6 years ago and I haven't been able to deal since then. 
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:20am
I don't have a bff from a different race but some of my close friends are Asian. They are all children of immigrants just like me, and I find that we can relate to certain things even though our culture is different. Plus I find my Asian friends to be funny and retarded so we are definitely compatible with eachother
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic