Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Spinoff: RENT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

in the the larger communities where i live with clubhouses, pools and such (shout out to nene lol). they go for $1300-$1700. md/va suburbs of dc.

When we were getting our house built rented an apartment in MD and the rent was 2,100 golf course club house...utilities were NOT included

I know I pay for trash disposal & sewer! And they charge an extra 50 because the cable comes free, so they decided to charge us on top of what we pay comcast. My rent here is more than my house mortgage was in Philly suburbs.
We would buy a house but we're still getting to know the area. We started off in md, moved to va, now we're thinking of moving back to md...All in less than 2 years. .lol
Sponsored Links

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:04pm
My bestie just got an apt in GA. And her rent is only $550 for a two bedroom. 
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Back in the day I had a good apartment for 475 a month and plus electric. Dope.
its like that out here.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

I live in Chicago now and rent for a decent 1 bed is about $1000.

I found one below market rate including utilities with new appliances and a good landlord. I honestly only think its the power of prayer cuz sheeeeeeeeesh....

That is correct because I remember a while back this girl who was new to the city was looking for a place to rent for 500 a month and she wanted to be by herself and the apartment had to be in a safe neighborhood.  She posted this on a LinkedIn board.  I had a good laugh for about 30 minutes.

LOL she was trippin. You aren't paying under 700 WITH roommates. At least not with decent access to the loop.

When I got here I wanted to stay under $800. Let me tell you some of the literal HELL HOLES I saw for $750ish. I really was like, how dare people SHOW that to someone? Filthy bathtubs, pieces of the drywall missing, doors with holes busted in them, missing paint, dusty, sticky stuff, stained toilets, accordion doors off of the track. Apparently they do it cuz people on a tight budget or with bad credit will take what they can get.

I was lookin like Shocked lemme quit being stingy.

One realtor said that when he starts working with new landlords as clients he asks them to raise the rent, because raising it by even 100/month means less riff-raff apply. When the landlord said that they didn't want tenants leaving, he assured them that they will get better ones in their place.

Y'all still tryna hurry up and move out of ya folks apartment? LOL

keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:56pm
Houston use to be good price, but now $1000 for a 1 bedroom if you want a nice place. I thought I struck gold when I found a place for $850, but it looked like government assistant housing when I took a tour. Place was in the hood and she wanted me to pay $850. Confused
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:59pm
If your renting and paying $1000 for a one bedroom in Chicago you're crazy.....My rent is 685......new everything hardwood floors free heat everything........before I pay over $800 Ill buy a house.....
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:02pm
I'm moving to Atlanta 1000+ is crazy rent
hurts my soul to write this check
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

What city in GA? I know people in Decatur and College Park that pay that but out here a two bedroom is 800-1100
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:12pm
boston. 1600 for 2bed 1.5 bath. i pay for all utilities. I like my neighborhood though, and the apartment is gorgeous, so I don't care.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:15pm
I live in DC and rent is ridiculous! I live in a basement apartment (I'll say it again: basement apartment) and rent is over $2,000 a month!  It's in a relatively decent neighborhood and it's convenient.

The cost of living is way too high here, IMO.  It's very similar to NYC.  Although you're getting more for your money (compared to NYC), you're not getting much.

I'm seriously considering moving back home once I graduate.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic