Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spinoff: Ever dated someone who was depressed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
_leah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _leah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 7:24am
I think I was depressed at one point, I smoked a lot of weed, self medicated with lots of alcohol and other substances, and well my relationships didn't last too long during that time. 
Sponsored Links

Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 9:07am
No i havent.
i have a few friends that suffer from depression
i try to help/motivate as much as i can but its up to the individual to get help as well
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:29am
My ex-husband is bi-polar, and I didn't know while we were married. He didn't know while we were married either. I just thought that he fell under the general envelope of "crazy."

Being very naive and young, I mistakenly thought that there was something that I could have done to keep his spirits high when he was in a depressed state, and calm him when he was in a manic state. His problems were heavily exacerbated by drug use (cocaine mostly) which was his version of self-medication.

It was tough.

MissinCali View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissinCali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:47am
Nope it would annoy the hell outta me, I would be his friend tho but not date him.
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 11:06am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

I used to be that depressed person. But in my late 20's I just stopped dating because it wasn't fair to the person.

That sounds sad.

Not trying to get in your business, but did you ever start dating again, or did you just give up permanently?
Oh I eventually did start back dating again and got to a happier place. But I'm 40 now and have given up anyway. But this time I'm ok with it.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:21pm
hugs to everyone
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

my best friend suffers from depression (suicidal). She's checked herself in for observation and has been admitted by others before.  Her husband has had bouts of depression too and has been suicidal.

That sounds like a scary combination.

it definitely is scary for me--on the outside looking in. I've expressed this to her before and she keeps reassuring me everything is ok.
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:14pm
Not at all.  I had to constantly ego stroke
313chick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 313chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by _leah _leah wrote:

I think I was depressed at one point, I smoked a lot of weed, self medicated with lots of alcohol and other substances, and well my relationships didn't last too long during that time. 
miamiu27 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiu27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:23pm
I did and it did not go well at all. Like Jess said the ego stroking got on my nerves. He was and still is draining. We are just friends now but he is still going through this after 3 years, I can't listen to another "woah is me" "i need to change my life".

Never seen such a handsome, in shape, mannered, funny guy be so down on hisself. He is so lovely to look at.

When I say that tatoo on his wrist that said "only god can judge me" I should have known there'd be an issue.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic