Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spinoff: Ever dated someone who was depressed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:29am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

I've never been in a relationship with someone who is depressed (from what I know), but as someone diagnosed with depression (by a licensed psychologist/therapist, not a psychiatrist) it's probably something that I wouldnt knowingly do. 

It's so mentally and emotionally draining, and mine "flares up" at the most inopportune times and can be triggered by what I feel are the most trivial things, I just shut down. I dont see anyway for a relationship between two people like this to be anything but unhealthy and dysfunctional. 

Sponsored Links

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:38am
ThanksHug
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:49am
no i havent.
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:56am
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Yeah I did he smoked weed a lot to try to run away from his problems. I broke up with him.

sounds like my ex lol

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 3:18am
actually i take that back someone i really care about was depressed and sabotaged our relationship and i took the necessary painful steps.

we are slowly repairing our friendship but theres still the pink elephant in the room.
rubynaturalprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rubynaturalprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 4:00am
1) I have been depressed from unsuccessful dating LOL

2) dated a depressed guy eventually made me depressed with him, im very happy go lucky and he thought that was weird, me being naive, thinking I could make him happy, tried to change him. It drained the life out of me and I had to dump him. Went back and forth for a while and then I decided to finally leave him alone and haven't gone back since. I was attracted to the person he could have been (he has alot of potential aside from his problems), but was in denial about who he was at the moment. 

In a few words.....dont do it! lol  
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 4:02am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Why type of depression?

Like, regular Black people type of depression or clinical and severe (needs meds) type of depression? Stern Smile
Wait what's Black people depression and how does it differ from clinical depression?

I've never dated anyone who was depressed before.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubynaturalprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 4:12am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Well my freshman year in college my roommate suffered from depression bc she started birth control and I guess the hormonal dosage was too much. It went on for like 3 months and finally our friends (we had the same social circle) literally staged an intervention and forced her to stop taking the pill. Especially since she was only taking them to deal with her acne. :-/

Damn all that drama from BC????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubynaturalprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 4:16am
Originally posted by Anah Anah wrote:

Damn Shady sorry to hear that.

I think I am was attracted to the "darker" types. My first ex was on some other sh*t. We stayed together as long as we did b/c I was afraid he'd hurt himself if I left. Eventually I had the courage to do so. Found out he was admitted to the hospital for cutting not long afterwards Disapprove
My 2nd ex wasn't physically self destructive but he had NO JOY. None, zip, zero. It was so draining.

My parents tell me I always trying to save someoneDisapprove sometimes you gotta let them burn. I'm staying in single-hood til I get myself together so I don't gravitate towards these types anymore.

I don't have anymore strength to build somebody else up. I cant anymore Disapprove

ClapClap If that aint the truth!
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 7:13am
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

my best friend suffers from depression (suicidal). She's checked herself in for observation and has been admitted by others before.  Her husband has had bouts of depression too and has been suicidal.

That sounds like a scary combination.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System