Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spinoff: Ever dated someone who was depressed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 8:22pm
Damn Shady sorry to hear that.

I think I am was attracted to the "darker" types. My first ex was on some other sh*t. We stayed together as long as we did b/c I was afraid he'd hurt himself if I left. Eventually I had the courage to do so. Found out he was admitted to the hospital for cutting not long afterwards Disapprove
My 2nd ex wasn't physically self destructive but he had NO JOY. None, zip, zero. It was so draining.

My parents tell me I always trying to save someoneDisapprove sometimes you gotta let them burn. I'm staying in single-hood til I get myself together so I don't gravitate towards these types anymore.

I don't have anymore strength to build somebody else up. I cant anymore Disapprove
Sponsored Links

prettiimamii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettiimamii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:55pm
3 times , I'm still dealing with the scars of what they put me thru emotionally but hey one step at a time

I learned to stop supermanning these niqqahs also
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I forgot about another guy I talked to that had mental problems but he wasn't depressed. I think he had schizophrenia. I should have know something was wrong when he kept saying that I was a witch and the date of my birthday was the numbers of the devil. Disapprove

It got so bad that his parents checked him into a mental hospital and he would call me every day asking me if I can hear his thought. I quickly changed my number after he told me that when he got out he was going to visit me......

mine talked a lot about the devil. at one point he was jesus or something. he was so paranoid that once when i came to visit, he wouldn't let me come to his house because "they" were watching. his dad got us a hotel room to visit in instead. He started talking about how he had predictions about being jailed because they were going to falsely accuse him of molesting his niece. He then begged me to have sex with him before they could take him to jail. He ended up trying to rape me. I had to fight him off til he realized what the fock he was doing
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:11pm
Damn BB and Southern, did they happen to be weed smokers? (or anything else). Just curious cause studies say it can be triggering to someone who has a predisposition for schizophrenia..it comes out, and then doesn't go away when theyre not high anymore. I've seen it happen to some young people in the community Ouch

My friend dated someone who was depressed and it was the worst relationship in life. He was such an asshole anyway, but the depression contributed to him doing some bizarre and messed up stuff. He was diagnosed in the military but of course denied it later and refused to take meds or go to therapy.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Damn BB and Southern, did they happen to be weed smokers? (or anything else). Just curious cause studies say it can be triggering to someone who has a predisposition for schizophrenia..it comes out, and then doesn't go away when theyre not high anymore. I've seen it happen to some young people in the community Ouch

My friend dated someone who was depressed and it was the worst relationship in life. He was such an asshole anyway, but the depression contributed to him doing some bizarre and messed up stuff. He was diagnosed in the military but of course denied it later and refused to take meds or go to therapy. 

he was a drug dealer and likely did all kinds of drugs. his mom had schizophrenia as well. 
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:04am
Well my freshman year in college my roommate suffered from depression bc she started birth control and I guess the hormonal dosage was too much. It went on for like 3 months and finally our friends (we had the same social circle) literally staged an intervention and forced her to stop taking the pill. Especially since she was only taking them to deal with her acne. :-/
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:13am
No, but someone dated me while I was depressed and assumed I was just bitchy and odd because of my behavior.
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:14am
I used to be that depressed person. But in my late 20's I just stopped dating because it wasn't fair to the person.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:24am
I've never been in a relationship with someone who is depressed (from what I know), but as someone diagnosed with depression (by a licensed psychologist/therapist, not a psychiatrist) it's probably something that I wouldnt knowingly do. 

It's so mentally and emotionally draining, and mine "flares up" at the most inopportune times and can be triggered by what I feel are the most trivial things, I just shut down. I dont see anyway for a relationship between two people like this to be anything but unhealthy and dysfunctional. 
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:29am
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

I used to be that depressed person. But in my late 20's I just stopped dating because it wasn't fair to the person.

That sounds sad.

Not trying to get in your business, but did you ever start dating again, or did you just give up permanently?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>