FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Spinoff: Decorating Your PRESENT Place

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 340>

Author
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spinoff: Decorating Your PRESENT Place
    Posted: Jul 07 2009 at 9:14am
So, I've finally decided that it's time to get to decoratin'.  I've been neglecting it for a year now (this month makes one year in my apt! Clap) and I'm getting irritable at the thought of having people over to stare at blank walls, and an unfurnished space.

So I'd love to hear (or, if you feel brave enough--see pictures of) your decorating ideas--both furniture and wall art/coverings.

Any tips? Tricks? Do's? Don'ts?

Good/bad experiences?

Site/Store recommendations?

Sponsored Links

ladymzlee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladymzlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2009 at 9:17am
*lurking for ideas*
bebekay View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bebekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2009 at 9:19am
if you can paint the walls, i would do that 1st. Its like an instant makeover.
divalane25 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divalane25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2009 at 9:22am
*this is why we need a home improvement section*Angry

now with that being said Smile i have LOTS of ideas tips and tricks i grew up with an interior decorator and it's so much fun. what kind of style are you most comfortable with? i dont have my own space (yet) but i already know i'm going for a contemporary meets traditional feel when i finally do move and each room is planned out in my head. IA with the others if you can paint the walls... start there.
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2009 at 9:41am
I'm about to repaint my bedroom walls, and once it's thoroughly dry I plan on putting up a mural (never done that before).  I want something open, and breezy...trying to decide between these:

Product%20Image

divalane25 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divalane25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2009 at 9:55am
i like the 3rd one
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2009 at 9:59am
Me too. I wanna decorate n have ideas, just dont know how to execute. A mirror in a hall or living room looks nice. I hate holes in walls so I bought a pack of Command picture hanging srips from Target 2 wks ago. If you dont want holes, try them then tell me how they go cuz ive yet to use the damn things. Big%20smile
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binky622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2009 at 10:00am
I like that one the best.  oh btw dont you get no dresserLOL
SeXxiLuV818 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeXxiLuV818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2009 at 10:03am
Im thinking about looking in Pier 1 Imports to decorate my home. They have an online clearance sale right now, and really nice stuff

http://www.pier1.com/catalog/filter/003.clearance
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2009 at 10:04am
i agree with bebe as far as paint. go for something that lighter, as not to have a cave or hole look about smaller rooms.

other than that, i would say that everything doesn't have to match-- it just has to go together. stick to one thing for big pieces (armoires/ couches) and mix it up with all your little touches in a room to bring it all together.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 340>
  Share Topic