Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Spike Lee Talks "Django Unchained"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
UrbanElegance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanElegance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

I've already said my piece about this movie in another thread but I just watched it again (BL). Every black woman in the film was GORGEOUS! Just wanted to point that out lol

I was thinking that but never said it. Slavery was ugly..hands down but the black women in that movie were so fly (in a 1860's Kind of way). way better looking than those white chicks! The natural hairstyles were on point! Most slave movies show black women as looking so unfortunate but the women seemed to have some pride in Django. Hmmm makes me wonder if the root of some of their white hatred is jealousy.!

Edited by UrbanElegance - Jan 18 2013 at 3:48pm
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 3:50pm
Yes the black women looked lovely
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 3:56pm
This is very true. 

It was also funny how disgusted the Dr. appeared when Candie's sister was talking to him. even funnier was how, even though she wasn't as vicious as her brother and her entitled, pompous attitude was covert and subtle, Django delivered the same swift justice to her that he did all the other white folk.  
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

the man with the iron fist was actually quite good,

it paid homage to the 1970s kung fu genre

it was very accurate, iono what that guy talmbout that it was bad!!

Really???  I thought it was horrible...about 5 minutes into the movie, i was ready to run out.  The acting was atrocious.  It felt like my eyes were bleeding.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:06pm
I hope we can continue to enjoy our westerns after viewing the movie . I had no idea the film was about slavery.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:23pm
did anyone post reginald hudlin's interview?
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 6:13pm
Who is this person? Post it.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 9:04am

same reason why people cringe at the use of the n word in this movie is the same reason why I don't listen to most rap music

after two songs I am done
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 10:05am
They're not trying to hear it PK
We really aren't ready to critique  a film that presents itself as the ultimate slave revenge fantasy

Time will tell how "we" really feel about it

Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Jeffrey Wright talks about Django at about the 4:00 mark. Pretty much what some of us have said about the white savior element in the film.

pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

They're not trying to hear it PK
We really aren't ready to critique  a film that presents itself as the ultimate slave revenge fantasy

Time will tell how "we" really feel about it

Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Jeffrey Wright talks about Django at about the 4:00 mark. Pretty much what some of us have said about the white savior element in the film.

I'm 40. But I pray that one day the Jeffrey Wrights, the Daniel Glovers, the Don Cheadles, the Angela Bassets teach classes that show blacks that even in glamorous hollywood, the racism is there. Don't be fooled by the bling. It's there, it's propaganda and n* sheeple are eating it up at great cost to us all. < id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display:none;">
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051>