BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Spike Lee Talks "Django Unchained"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 51>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 11:17am
Mastermind or sell-out?

SLJ's character was not a mastermind, he was just more observant than idiot Calvin Candie (and knowing) of the slave ways/interactions

Hell, even mistress Laura noticed something between Django and Broomhilda

Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

Random Thoughts was dead on in his review of the movie. Sam Jackson was the mastermind behind dumb ass candyman's evil schemes. 

Like I said

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

It has that 'Well if they wanted to, they could've killed Whitey but instead they chose to sell each other and continue to sell each other out' tone to it

Edited by Alias_Avi - Dec 26 2012 at 11:22am
Sponsored Links

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 11:19am
Sam was a survivalist. No different from Django allowing the runaway Mandingo slave to be slaughtered by those dogs.

Does it make it right? No. But he had to do what he had to do.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 11:20am
And I'll just say this and I'm out...

Isn't funny how when a White man makes a slave epic, he makes the greatest hero a White man (Dr. Schultz) and the greatest vilian the Black man (Stephen)
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 11:35am
And Alias, as much as you seem to despise the notion of white people playing a significant role in our gaining freedom, the reality is, they did.  It pains me to admit it too. But underground railroad for example would not have been possible without the aid of white abolitionists 
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 11:53am
Well me and the boo was supposed to see it last night but he was a little sick, so we didn't go.

I will make it my business to see it eventually. I'm way past watching movies for pure entertainment btw.

Now I like to look at movies to pick up on things that would go over the heads of average people. The white folks at Hollyweird has this way of throwing subliminals or making mockery of truths and my spirit is able to pick up on it rather quickly.

I do have a bootleg copy of Hidden Colors that I ain't crack open yet. I gotta watch that to see how many fallacies I can pick up on too *rubs chin*

Edited by blaquefoxx - Dec 26 2012 at 11:55am
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:05pm
dang, blaque. I was hoping you'd written your review of the movie. Please share your thoughts when you see it. 

I'm sitting here racking my brain and for the life of me, i can't think of a single mainstream slavery movie where some great white hope didn't play some type of intricate role in the story. i don't think a story like that is even possible unfortunately. 

sh*t, do we want nat turner's story to be told? do we forget how his story ended? 

I appreciated the fantasy of Django where the black man prevailed but the story would have been guffawed at had a white person not played a role in Django's revenge. 

I mean...unless folk were expecting Django to be a superhero movie like meteorman or blacula or some sh*t.LOL

Edited by noneyons - Dec 26 2012 at 12:07pm
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:20pm
Yeah, I'm going to try to see it.

There is a clip on YT from some old ass film where the slaves flipped out and burned a couple of white folks alive while quoting scripture lol.

I would post it here, but someone with a white momma or white husband will report meDead

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:27pm
Ppl are gonna take different things from the movie.
No ones perspective is right or wrong.

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:28pm
Did anyone see Lincoln ? That is up for some Oscars too .
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

"it was all good just a week ago"

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style