Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Spike Lee Talks "Django Unchained"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 51>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 7:14am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Dumb ass b!tch.

Sponsored Links

Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Eden. Eden. wrote:

I wanted to watch it in the theatres. Looks like it's gonna have the crash effect tho, I rather not.
Question
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 7:15am
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

I ain't never give so many white people in the movie theater the side eye in my life!

funniest post in this thread
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 7:31am
Oh goodness when Crash came out I had to write/watch it twice for some college courses. After talking about all the problems with the film I was made exempt from writing the report. I hate that film and so mad that actual money was paid for my ticket to see that junk. 
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 7:52am
Damn. Now that I've slept on this some...  I take back some of what I said

I damn near hate this movie
Spike Lee was right... disrespectful beyond belief

I don't even think I could like it if I wasn't AA, educated and conscious. It was just so blatantly bad

None of the Black characters had agency or dept! Not even Django. The only reason was able to kill YT was because the Great White Hero (and most likeable character imo) put a gun in his possession. He barely spoke. You knew nothing about his character except he had a wife who was sold. You were emotionally disconnected from his character b/c you were given no reason to like him.

Same with most of the slave men. You felt sorrow and pity for most of them. There was one slave that seemed to have a hint of dignity when he was talking back to Django but QT let that storyline slide into oblivion

It's clear that QT put a lot of thought and effort in behind the White characters and little was left to be given to the Black ones. It's as if they were an afterthought

Why were damn near ALL the slaves coons though? We couldn't even get a hint, a wink, that some of them had fire burning inside of them? All the Black women were depicted as fools and down-for-their-massa, "cat daddy" calling slave girls?

Some scenes were just unnecessarily long. Titillating entertainment for sadists. Whereas the ending seemed rushed and thrown together because the "good part" was over? SPOILER After the main White character passed, it just seemed like QT had no reason for this movie to drag on any further lol

My question is, what do you think QT's underlining message to the Black viewing audience is?

Because the best parts of this movie did not happen in real life. When you take out all the back talk and gun slinging, you are left with dehumanizing depictions of African American slaves. How is the audience gonna go home and not think "Why couldn't this have happened? They shouldn't have been so submissive" and for me that's the message is the polar opposite to the goal of progression for Blacks in this modern world

But of course most Black people are gonna love this film because all the see is Django killin' YT sigh
Not even realizing the pathology behind everything else in this film.

What is funny though is how our reaction to Spike Lee parallels how Blacks react to each other in this movie, in comparison to their reaction to YT smh
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Originally posted by Eden. Eden. wrote:

I wanted to watch it in the theatres. Looks like it's gonna have the crash effect tho, I rather not.
Question

become a white ppl feel good movie

absolved-me-from-racism-because-i-enjoyed-it type of movie.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:14am
Lol @ yall acting like that tweet was racist. 
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:18am
I don't like QT at all.  
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:27am
I saw the movie. I can see why Spike would feel that way. Slavery was not a joke as sometimes portrayed in the movie. Especially scene with Jaime wearing thag damn blue suit. Plus I hatd Samuel Jackson always being the character saying ninja all the time. It was still deceng but Spike for once has a point.
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:29am
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

I saw the movie. I can see why Spike would feel that way. Slavery was not a joke as sometimes portrayed in the movie. Especially scene with Jaime wearing thag damn blue suit. Plus I hatd Samuel Jackson always being the character saying ninja all the time. It was still deceng but Spike for once has a point.
sorry for bad spelling, still trying to figure this s3 out
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 51>