Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Spike Lee Talks "Django Unchained"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 51>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 10:50pm

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

"Django Unchained" not only plunges Tarantino back into the racially sensitive territory that has brought him criticism in the past, it essentially explodes it. The n-word is used more than 100 times in the film. Two especially violent scenes of slavery – one a Mandingo brawl, the other involving a dog – even Tarantino calls "traumatizing."

Damn. Over 100 times...

Umm....it's a movie about slavery. 

Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

I want somebody to explain to me why Tarantino is so infatuated with the word "N*gger".

He even uses it in movies that he DIDN'T write or direct (Desperado). In muthaf*ckin CAMEO ROLES and sh*t.

Sponsored Links

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 10:53pm
The slaves were weak for eating and phucking, but the Indians were strong OG for "resisting"....fast forward a couple hundred years to when there are 30mill-ish nigras and bout 5mill Indians. And 99% of those Indians are white as fresh snow.

Yeah. The strong will forever survive.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 10:55pm
I remember recently seeing Pulp Fiction and that scene with Ving Rhames big burly ass gettin raped...yea I felt a certain wayOuch
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 10:57pm
ion care. a movie about a black man slaughtering whitey to get back his black woman makes me all kinds of hot. don't really care about the rest Stern Smile 
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 10:57pm
I want to watch this movie though.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

The slaves were weak for eating and phucking, but the Indians were strong OG for "resisting"....fast forward a couple hundred years to when there are 30mill-ish nigras and bout 5mill Indians. And 99% of those Indians are white as fresh snow.

Yeah. The strong will forever survive.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 11:00pm
Good Bye Uncle Tom had a deleted scene with a big slave revolt at the end...

"American distributors felt that such scenes were too incendiary, and forced Jacopetti and Prosperi to remove more than thirteen minutes of footage explicitly concerned with racial politics for American and other Anglophone audiences."

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 11:01pm
Many native Americans were enslaved .
Native American immune systems also had a hard time fending off the diseases the Europeans brought over.
Europeans and Africans also had previous contact in trading and I believe Africans were cheaper.
Africans were also very familiar with cultivating rice and other labor intensive crops.
And were thought to stronger

Native Americans knew the land so escaping would be much easier.
Nearby tribes would provide refuge for the runaway native Americans.

There are a lot of factors that go into that.

But there was a large population of Native American slaves in sc.

Ol Blue eyes just sent them on their trail of tears.

Edited by jonesable - Dec 24 2012 at 11:05pm
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 11:05pm
No offense intended to any of our brown haired, light eyed, caramel frappaccino complected, Indian BHMers. Gon head and rep that 1/32nd Iroquois.
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 11:08pm
I don't like Tarantino (movies) in general, so why would I watch this. It's definetly not a movie I'd watch on Xmas either, but to each her own.
#TeamSpikeLee
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style