BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spike Lee Talks "Django Unchained"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 51>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Soratachi Soratachi wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Let's be honest

People are already so f*cking disrespectful to African Americans and our history. They even downplay how terrible it was and use the same reasoning that mrshairdo is using ("why didn't they just revolt or not work?") to discredit the blood, sweat and tears poured from the abused souls of my people

This is why some AA feel sensitive over this topic being covered with humor. It softens and lightens the horrid history of American slavery and we don't need that. (White) People already feel comfortable freely comparing the horrors of American slavery to the horrors of the Jewish Holocaust by ignorantly implying that the Holocaust was far worst because of the death toll (as if millions of Africans didn't die being thrown overboard in the Middle Passage)

This movie will undoubtedly give these ignorant thoughts more of a platform

Amen!!! Clap

I am still too scared to watch Goodbye Uncle Tom. I need to keep my sanity. Cry

its awful in a painful way but apparently one of the realest and most honest accounts of how slavery was

it's very deep, i'll tell u that
Sponsored Links

James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:29pm
lol ya'll know damn well it will be a lot.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

lol ya'll know damn well it will be a lot.

its revenge against slave owners....why wouldn't it show the most of that?
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:31pm
C'mon James.  Let me treat u to a movie. LOL and with the price of Movie tickets...u best be giving up the goods.

Edited by newdiva1 - Dec 24 2012 at 8:31pm
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

C'mon James.  Let me treat u to a movie. LOL and with the price of Movie tickets...u best be giving up the goods.

LOL aight bet. just make sure its a chick flick and the theater sells nachos w/ cheese and jalapenos.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:44pm
A chick flick?!  snap!! hole on....let me HARRYUP and check The Fandango.LOL

Naw Eff that. I'm tryna take u to see 'Jango.Big smile

Edited by newdiva1 - Dec 24 2012 at 8:47pm
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Not gonna lie, I felt this exact way when I watched a clip from Goodbye Uncle Tom

When the "slaves" were eating food from the pig's slop  and the Indians were just posted in the back, not doing sh*t. Look cool as f*ck as usual Ouch

I was embarrased for my blackness for a split second

Then I wondered... is it better to be dignified and extinct or survivalists and alive?

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

one of the doctors was saying how the indian man could never be a slave because once captured he wouldn't move, eat, talk, fucc, shiit, NOTHING....and that's what made them "unslaveable" but when black ppl were brought up they continued with everything and that's what made it easier...even down to fuccin which is why they started breeding off the women...

that shiit hurt my soul, i was like dayummm
Well....

I could go in on this and where this stems from between the natives and negroes (who are actually brethren...contrary to what is taught), but most of yall think I'm Wacko anywayz so I'm going to leave that one alone.

Anyway, as far as the Natives Americans are concerned, they were the hardest and last nation to be conquered to the point where the white folks needed the help of the Negroes here, the Negroes from the Carribean and the Mexicans to help take them down. So that clip from the movie with the "Indian" being stoic or "stubborn" ain't surprising...

*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 9:01pm

its awful in a painful way but apparently one of the realest and most honest accounts of how slavery was

wasnt there a thread with that movie's link in it. Can someone post the link again?
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 9:02pm
I want to hear it... all of it

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Well....

I could go in on this and where this stems from between the natives and negroes (who are actually brethren...contrary to what is taught), but most of yall think I'm Wacko anywayz so I'm going to leave that one alone.

mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

wasnt there a thread with that movie's link in it. Can someone post the link again?

i pray for your soul but here

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 51>