BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Spike Lee Talks "Django Unchained"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 51>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

but its been explained-

there is nothing humorous about slavery... and from the clips I've seen-- there is humorous twist to a situation that isn't funny..and James I'm seeing the same type of reviews.

this movie really can't be compared to IB-- like you keep doing b/c
the holocaust was thoughtfully left out of IB as to not ruffle feathers--
but the same respect isn't given to blacks in this movie.

I doubt SL has a problem w/ the showing of a revolt b/c yt ppl are being Killed--
but rather everything else.

i am comparing them because they are both "revenge" type films against atrocities committed...

i didn't expect them to be the same in plot either....the entire plot of IB centers around a small american army taking out the german soldiers/hitler...i understand why there wouldn't be actual holocaust clips in it..

i dont agree they were not included not to ruffle feathers, i mean they showed brutality in schindler's list and didn't it win best picture at the oscars?

Sponsored Links

James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

one review compared it to blazing saddles...i can'tSleepy

But like, it's a comedy/western featuring a negro riding a horse tho. Same thing right? Stop being so sensitive James.

Please know I'm kidding.Dead

CC don't make me knock that classy tea out ya handsAngry
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

I don't understand why Hairdo is caping for that cracker so hard.

im not caping for him so hard...i dont agree with arguments against the film and im just stating why

*shrugs*
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:23pm
how many jews did we see murdered in concentration camps/ how many times was the word "kike" used in inglorious basterds?

how many slaves are we going to see murdered/ how many times is the N word used in django?

*sips classy prince tea*
Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Let's be honest

People are already so f*cking disrespectful to African Americans and our history. They even downplay how terrible it was and use the same reasoning that mrshairdo is using ("why didn't they just revolt or not work?") to discredit the blood, sweat and tears poured from the abused souls of my people

This is why some AA feel sensitive over this topic being covered with humor. It softens and lightens the horrid history of American slavery and we don't need that. (White) People already feel comfortable freely comparing the horrors of American slavery to the horrors of the Jewish Holocaust by ignorantly implying that the Holocaust was far worst because of the death toll (as if millions of Africans didn't die being thrown overboard in the Middle Passage)

This movie will undoubtedly give these ignorant thoughts more of a platform

Amen!!! Clap

I am still too scared to watch Goodbye Uncle Tom. I need to keep my sanity. Cry
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:24pm
I gotta say tho....I never saw Schindler's List.  Was it really as good as they say? 
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:26pm

how many jews did we see murdered in concentration camps/ how many times was the word "kike" used in inglorious basterds?

how many slaves are we going to see murdered/ how many times is the N word used in django?

*sips classy prince tea*

we'll just have to wait and see won't we
Midwest_Da_Gawd View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Midwest_Da_Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:26pm
I want somebody to explain to me why Tarantino is so infatuated with the word "N*gger".

He even uses it in movies that he DIDN'T write or direct (Desperado). In muthaf*ckin CAMEO ROLES and sh*t.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I gotta say tho....I never saw Schindler's List.  Was it really as good as they say? 

it was good in a very sad way...one of those movies that just tears u up but is powerful because its very real
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:28pm

*sips classy prince tea*

*Shrugs* don't know.  Hows about we watch the movie and see?  *sips Lady Grey*

Edited by newdiva1 - Dec 24 2012 at 8:29pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake