BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spike Lee is tired yall...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 6:30pm
Now LB, you know you raised the rent when your lightbright ass moved in lol
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 6:51pm
Lol, no ma'am. It only went up $14 in 5 years. Now its gone up $158 this yr.. and $348 more for people moving in..smh

I see them building HUGE houses next to the neighborhood families old small houses, so we already know whats about to happen to them

Edited by Lite Brite - Mar 01 2014 at 6:52pm
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:20pm
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 10:05am
Nope - wrong.

The city 'gentrifies' a place with money.It's from investors and [eople are not going to invest in an area that's jusy gonna get run down again because the folks that live there don't give a ddarn.

It's not for free... if the Black folks in the hood could afford to fix up the areas ... there would be no problems.

Spike Lee just wants the ghetto to stay the ghetto so that black folks can stay in the ghetto and not amount anything.

Why doesn't he use HIS millions to bring money into the hood so that it can be a nice place for black folks to live.

Somebody's gotta pay.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 10:29am
What did he think was going to happen, they were bound to add lofts, coffee houses and artsy places after the basketball team moved there. Its like that all over the US, the Detroit Pistons arena is not even in Detroit, and in Charlotte the only time I see a bunch of police officers downtown is when its a basketball game or when Katy Perry is doing a concert.

They even shoo away the homeless when its yt events by the transit center, any other time its cool for them to panhandle and hangout down there. 
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:06pm

Anthony Mackie Accuses Spike Lee Of “Reverse Gentrification” After Moving On Up To The Upper East Side!

Spike Lee doesn’t even live in Brooklyn anymore!

Anthony Mackie Accuses Spike Lee Of Reverse Gentrification

Via NewsOne reports:

Actor Anthony Mackie questioned the sincerity of renowned filmmaker Spike Lee‘s concern over gentrification in Brooklyn, pointing out that the Red Hook director no longer even lives in the borough.

In a sit-down interview with The Grio’s Chris Witherspoon, Mackie said that Lee’s escape to Manhattan’s Upper East Side is a form of “reverse gentrification” and ”as your tax brackets changes, I guess your zip code changes.”

Mackie then goes on to suggest that he’s more Brooklyn than Lee:

“I live in Brooklyn. My address is in Brooklyn. I have two restaurants in Brooklyn. I don’t have a problem with gentrification. The people [who] want to live in Brooklyn, move to Brooklyn.”

Mackie starred in two Spike Lee joints early in his career, She Hate Me (2004), and Sucker Free City.

Spike Lee, a long-time, outspoken critic of the whitewashing of his beloved Brooklyn, went on an epic, expletive-laden rant.

Here’s the thing: I grew up here in Fort Greene. I grew up here in New York. It’s changed. And why does it take an influx of white New Yorkers in the South Bronx, in Harlem, in Bed Stuy, in Crown Heights for the facilities to get better? The garbage wasn’t picked up every motherf*ckin’ day when I was living in 165 Washington Park. P.S. 20 was not good. P.S. 11. Rothschild 294. The police weren’t around. When you see white mothers pushing their babies in strollers, three o’clock in the morning on 125th Street, that must tell you something.

For Spike Lee to be guilty of reverse Gentrification would require him to somehow force the white people in Manhattan to move out, police allow drugs and crime to take over, drop the property value, then black people purchase said properties, move in, police drives the crime out, and the property value would go back up. That would be REVERSE Gentrification.

Do you think Mackie has a point?

Edited by Alias_Avi - Mar 03 2014 at 1:07pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:20pm
Land Mine. 
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:42pm
Did Anthony Mackie even think about what reverse gentrification would even mean/be? Wtf is he talking about? You can't care about what's happening and speak up just because you aren't there?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic