BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Speaking of cooning....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 2.71  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speaking of cooning....
    Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 5:20am
Notice the trend in these music videos in terms of how the women look in comparison to the artist.

Her is a fairly new Nigerian music video:

I remember when some of these artist first came out, you couldn't even spot a light-skinned girl in their videos.  Now, you are lucky if there is a single black girl. 

I know this has been discussed a million times but its just so frustrating that when men of other races have an opportunity to showcase beauty, they use women from their culture to do it.  When black men have an opportunity, well....they do the opposite.  I just don't understand how we're supposed to progress or command the respect of others when we think so little of ourselves.

Rant over...

Edited by uppitynegroid - Dec 21 2012 at 5:30am
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 5:47am
does pitbull count?
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:07am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

does pitbull count?

i don't see why not.  He's hispanic and alwats puts hispanic women in his music  videos even at the height of his career.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:10am
500 years of conditioning that white is right and we're getting mad that this generation now actually believes it?  there are very few black people left who have not, on some level, been manipulated and yet we think music videos are the source the problem.  eveything we think we love has been tainted and defiled by whiteness.  we spend our lives worshipping people that raped, killed and enslaved us and denying those who slaved, struggled, lived and died for us. even when we think we love blackness what we are really loving is that small essence of non-blackness. we have folks looking at their children praying that those few drops of non-african blood will emerge from their dna and hating their daughters when in dont. you have ppl buying every hair product on the market hoping to make those curls pop to prove to somebody that theyre not just black.  so, are these artist "cooning"? *shrugs* i guess but until we learn to love ourselves as Africans and think of ourselves and unite ourselves as Pan-Africans, we all are.
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:16am
I'm in between on this. yes, there is a trend of only one particular skin tone being used in black videos, however, people like to forget that light skinned black women are BLACK women. The black race is vast and all should be represented, not just one shade in particular.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:22am
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

I'm in between on this. yes, there is a trend of only one particular skin tone being used in black videos, however, people like to forget that light skinned black women are BLACK women. The black race is vast and all should be represented, not just one shade in particular.

conveniently

Edited by afrokock - Dec 21 2012 at 6:23am
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:23am
^^I agree.  Light skinned black females are black.  All black people are not cut from the same cloth.  It is unbelieveable that black people keep calling themselves "coons".  We are not animals.  (most of us anyway.)

Edited by babelipsss - Dec 21 2012 at 6:25am
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:24am
I forgot to add, there were too many girls in that video for there not to have been a chocolate rainbow...
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:28am
i think uppity is referring to race i.e white have white, hispanics have hispanics (albeit light ones only) but blacks always have others etc etc
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:33am
i think blacks have both.....they damn sure have black girls, i know that for sure
but they also have other races too
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>