Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Speaking of big booty guls...is this too much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Who is 2 chains demographic?

As a fellow avid Stern listener, you're saying he doesn't have one body type women on his show?

And what does monogamy have to do with anything?

i think he does prefer women who are on the slender side.  i brought up monogamy because he is a shock jock.  he's not pictured at the clubs or has scandals involving these type of women.  he glorifies their exploitation but that's all there is to it.  i don't think his message translates to the everyday life of his demographic bc those men know the diff between real and fantasy.  i think most of them really want a woman or are married.  the problem with rappers and the black community is that their mentality is intertwined.  monogamy is frowned upon, having a bad bish as your main chick is what your ultimate goal is, and finding a wife who is more than a body is not high on the priority list.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Dec 20 2012 at 5:03pm
Sponsored Links

texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

the problem with rappers and the black community is that their mentality is intertwined.  monogamy is frowned upon, having a bad bish as your main chick is what your ultimate goal is, and finding a wife who is more than a body is not high on the priority list.

Can u say that a lil bit louder...niccas worldwide need to hear ya.

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 5:08pm
A lot of rappers are into monogamy and are married, despite what they rap about. We don't love them hoes Snoop is married. Big Pimpin Jay-Z is married. I prolly fvcked your b*tch Wiz Khalifa is engaged. I still don't really see how any of that is relevant to the topic.

Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 5:10pm
Yes. Blame rap.

jr.
fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

The problem with rappers and the black community is that their mentality is intertwined.  monogamy is frowned upon, having a bad bish as your main chick is what your ultimate goal is, and finding a wife who is more than a body is not high on the priority list.

I would thank you twice if I could

Edited by fairyQueen092 - Dec 20 2012 at 5:14pm
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 5:16pm
Just curious about you expanding on your other point though.

Stern interviews a lot of women, for his targeted demographic as you stated, and almost every single one of them he talks about anal sex. During his interview with Chyna, nearly the entire thing seemed to be about him asking her anal questions. There's a youtube video of him calling his staffs moms to talk to them about anal. He seems pretty 'obsessed' with it.

Do you think he and his listeners like men more than women, which is where the heavy interest comes from?
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 6:42pm
Off topic..Aren't these those quadruplets that had the Tide endorsement w/their mother back in the day? The Furticks?

tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 6:45pm
(I know we're probably not still on topic but...)

I feel like nowadays you get what you allow.

You get degraded because you allow yourself to be degraded. 
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 6:48pm

so-treu:

faanmail:

cynique:

witchsistah:

nealzonwheelz:

howtobeterrell:

Not sure how I feel about this

I do too actually mainly because Saartjie was manipulated and held in captivity, and the women in the 2 chainz video choose to be in that video.  

This is also some “Black female respectability” bullsh*t. “Decent” BW don’t booty shake, well at least not in public. Those that do are nothing but heaux and do not deserve respect.

Ashy dick Brothas can shove their ankhs all the way up their asses.

i can’t believe someone made this. the 1800 one was where someone was made captive…wtf. what kind of comparison is this?!

this is a lot of…

jeez it’s like a child just made this because they got their candy taken away.

This meme is one of a series in response to 2 Chainz and his “Birthday Song” video. Our intention was to underline how the objectification of black women’s bodies is not new — but rooted in a history of white supremacy. The image of the right is Sarah “Saartjie” Baartman (aka The Hottentot Venus), an African woman who was brought to Europe in the 1800s to be displayed in freak shows. We need to know her name and her story, particularly as we critique the objectification of black and brown women’s bodies in media.

What does real progress look like? How can we shift this pattern? That is the dialogue we want to have. #TalkBack

right, and i dig what y’all have been doing so far with you campaign, FAANmail…..from what i’ve seen on twitter at least, you’ve been taking/aiming your critiques directly at the people who have the most control over this particular set-up - namely, the mostly white label executives and ceos that to a large extent control the images we see on our tv and laptop screens.

the issue i have with this particular image is that suddenly the white dudes who run and make the most bank off this sh*t aren’t being problematized by this image - the black woman appearing in the video is. suddenly, SHE’S the main one who’s responsible for things remaining the way the are - the “afterlife of slavery” as my girl Saidiya Hartman puts it. and while i think there’s a conversation to be had about the extent a black woman can really be be “free” and make “free choices” in a capitalist system undergirded by an antiblack libidinal economy - this image doesn’t really push us towards that conversation. because it erases that limited a choice it may or may not be theoretically, this woman is appearing in this video BY CHOICE -we can’t say the same for Sarah. and black women get enough sh*t for being so fill in the blank - ratchet, jezebel, whorish etc - that we bring the whole race down. this looks like just another version of that discourse of the problematim black woman that’s things up for everybody. when, power dynamics considered, that’s just not true.

also, i would ask, what effect do you think this image would have on the dancer who’s image y’all have used? do you think she’s be on board this campaign if she saw this? if this is for the betterment of black women period, i wonder, where are her and her co-workers (strippers, dancers, video models etc) in this campaign? since the reformation of this practice would have some impact on their livlihoods and careers, shouldn’t we be looking to them to take a leading role in determining what said white dudes running the show should do to make their lives better, too?

Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

Off topic..Aren't these those quadruplets that had the Tide endorsement w/their mother back in the day? The Furticks?
<span style="line-height: 20px;">
</span>

Yes! I remember that Tide commercial.. I didn't know they were that old now.

Edited by Sinnamon_Mami - Dec 20 2012 at 7:28pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style