Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSpare the Rod or Too Damn Much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293031
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2013 at 6:55am
A video cable tho? wow.........I know that had to hurt like hell Ouch

Sponsored Links

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2013 at 11:29am
LawdJeezus..I believe in spanking. I don't believe in beating. My 3 sisters and I got "whipped" growing up, with belts or switches.( Southern, country folks ish.) It wasn't a regular occurrence.  It wasn't for minor things. It wasn't for 1st time offenses. I would have welts, that would disappear within 30 mins or so. Once, my mom whipped me with a switch and it broke the skin,like a scratch. My mom and her 12 siblings got butt whippings, too. My kids got spankings, only a few in their lifetimes, way less than I did growing up. (My daughter laughs now when she tells me how she always greatly exagerrated the pain of the spanking to get me or her dad to stop and tells me "It really didn't hurt that bad, I just acted like it did. " Her words, not mine.)

Anyhoo, I just wanted to clarify that I don't condone beating children. I have a huge family , a poopload of cousins that got butt whippings too. No one was left bruised and bloodied, no one was punched or hit in the face. We got a lot of love, positive encouragement set by great examples,  were taught life lessons, and the vast majority are well rounded, and living fulfilled lives without drugs issues, legal issues, or any other unfortunate experiences usually tied to upbringing. No one has issues w/ their parents. When we have family gatherings or even comments on Facebook, it is regularly expressed how grateful we are for the upbringing we had, butt whippings and all, esp when we see what some of the people we went to school with or have encountered have been thru in their lives. I'm not saying getting butt whippings is the reason, but since it was included in the package, I have no way of separating it.

I know some people believe that a spanking is "abuse." I'm not trying to change anyone's mind because I know it's not going to happen. Just like no one is going to change mine. Not when I know plenty of people that got spanked or their butts whipped and aren't carrying any ba ge from it and express that they're glad their parents disciplined them before the world (or the police or the streets or a judge and jury) did.

My daughter is 16. Honor Society, all AP classes. Does volunteer work.  Respectful, polite, well spoken. Not running around half nekkid. And she has learned how to twerk! (no videos on Youtube though) When she showed me, I laughed, esp because the women in my family aren't know for our dancing skills.LOL She knows if she crosses a line, she may get smacked. Has only happened once, when she walked away and muttered "whatever" when I told her to do something. I don't tolerate disrespect and I overhear a lot of parents let their kids talk to them crazy. Not in MY house. Not to ME.

Either way, I don't personally know anyone that is carrying lifelong ba ge from an occasional butt whipping or spanking. Beatings? yes. Verbal, mental and sexual abuse? yes. Parents that set poor examples? yes

I digress..Like I said, no opinions are being swayed on either side regardless what any of us say. People can raise their kids whatever way they see fit. All I know is what has worked for my family, generation after generation.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293031
  Share Topic