Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spamming in the weave section - why does it contin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Spamming in the weave section - why does it contin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 4:44am
They usually pm me acting like a newbie, then the next pm is a link and talking about what kind of hair they have Confused
Sponsored Links

SamanthaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamanthaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 8:42am
Clap
TreffleHairCare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TreffleHairCare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 2:07pm
I'm not going to lie, I joined this forum to try and get my product out there, but I will keep my posts informative rather than advertise. One thing I WILL NOT do is PM people who don't PM me first. I am not that desperate. The quality of my company's hair speaks for itself.
1KrysT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote 1KrysT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 2:28pm
I learned so much from BHM back in the day. It used to be sooooo much hair PICS and good info.....
pepsi25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pepsi25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:14am

I lived for the back in the day hair PICS!!!Cry

The_HonestInsight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_HonestInsight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 4:25pm

I think companies are just trying to get their name out there by any means which I can understand but I def agree that this forum should be a safe haven without spam ads and money motivated inputs. IMO, as the owner of a hair extensions company, dropping my company name in this type of forum would be sort of tacky. I joined to receive feedback from consumers, network with other women in the industry, and share honesty information that I have learned by working in the industry.

Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by 1KrysT 1KrysT wrote:

I learned so much from BHM back in the day. It used to be sooooo much hair PICS and good info.....

This^^ I loved it here...why do you think I been a member since '08 and have that little bit of posts, lol. Things changed and it's never been the same since. True I still visit the forum and lurk around more than participate, but I just dont find the information and sources that used to be so readily available back in the day. Most members feel lost and vulnerable and it's a shame because this used to be THE spot for information, photos, vendor info etc. Oh well, we keep trying. 

By the way, I do want to say a special thank you Clap to the BHM veterans and loyal members who continue to keep things alive here and try to weed through the foolishness and help out members as much as possible. My vent was not toward you all. LOLWink
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by The_HonestInsight The_HonestInsight wrote:

I think companies are just trying to get their name out there by any means which I can understand but I def agree that this forum should be a safe haven without spam ads and money motivated inputs. IMO, as the owner of a hair extensions company, dropping my company name in this type of forum would be sort of tacky. I joined to receive feedback from consumers, network with other women in the industry, and share honesty information that I have learned by working in the industry.

Yes, And I can understand sometimes, because let's face it, they've definately come to the right place if they're looking for consumers who may be interested in their product. I just think there's a way of going about it and many of them take a shady route which makes it harder for the one who genuinely may be trying to network and attract potential clientele; most of all, it's unfair to the businesses who had to pay for advertisement space to premier their business. 

If a vendor wants an honest review, just discreetly select a board member who would be willing to test out the hair. Done. But no need to spam up and down the board like a flasher running through the streets.  

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic