BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Homemade Hair Recipes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Soybean oil??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
fadedjeans15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadedjeans15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soybean oil??
    Posted: May 13 2010 at 6:10pm
How good is soybean oil for hair? I mixed Soybean oil, oilive oil, minced garlic and cloves in a jar. I hope that would make my hair grow and cure me of this bald spot that I have. pls help
Sponsored Links

babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2010 at 2:38pm
I havent heard of soybean oil on the hair but, I heard garlic stops hair from shedding. Do you plan on washing the mixture out? because it doesnt seem like it would smelll too good but, i'll research soybean oil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadedjeans15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2010 at 9:11am
i plan just to massage it on the bald spot bcuz garlic is said to be good for bald spots
GA SonShyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA SonShyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2010 at 8:50am
I have a bottle of EVOO that I bought from the grocery store and later realized that the label says Extra virgin olive oil & soybean oil mix.

I've been using it on my hair with no issue, can't say what the Pros and Cons are but I get more shine!!!
Drea1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drea1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 2:33am
I have just finished reading that soybean oil is a great moisturizer and a good strengthener over time. It can be used in any mix and used alone as a hot oil treatment or together with other oils for a great deep conditioner. When ingested it can help soften harder hair textures, but this is internal. If this is what you want then I suggest making salads and drizzling soybean oil over top of it. Soybean oil is great as an infusion oil. like making rosemary oil etc. This is about all I can find on it. OH Organic cold pressed soybean oil is best, it has not been heated and will have all of its goodness and vitamins. HTH
Drea1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drea1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 2:39am
Originally posted by fadedjeans15 fadedjeans15 wrote:

i plan just to massage it on the bald spot bcuz garlic is said to be good for bald spots

If you are truly trying to grow your hair in a bald area and do NOT have high blood pressure and are not pregnant, than I suggest an infusion of soybean oil, rosemary, and sage leaves. Put this in a pot and heat it on low for about an hour OR into a jar (with lid) and sit it in a window in sunlight to let the sun infuse the goodness. OR you can take that same rosemary and sage and put it in distilled water, heat it on low and after 1 hour let it cool. Strain the leaves out and pour the "tea" into a spray bottle. You will want to refrigerate this OR preserve it with GFSE (grapefruit seed extract) I suggest refrigeration. You will want to spray this on the bald areas and then massage it in . Do this daily. You should see growth within 2 to three weeks. HTH
healthyhair4all View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote healthyhair4all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 7:04pm
Hello,I know its been a few years since you posted about soybean oil.I was just wondering if it helped you to grow your hair back? I only recently started trying this ,so I am curious if it works? Thank you
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 12:35pm
It works fine on my hair, so does canola oil. It's actually in a lot of beauty supply store products if you read labels it's a cheap oil.
veenitashinde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veenitashinde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 3:39am

I would like to suggest almond oil is better for healthy hair. Almond oil is helping grow hair and shiny hair. All information is very informative and useful. Thank you sharing such nice information.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadedjeans15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by healthyhair4all healthyhair4all wrote:

Hello,I know its been a few years since you posted about soybean oil.I was just wondering if it helped you to grow your hair back? I only recently started trying this ,so I am curious if it works? Thank you

sorry for the late reply, i do not remember it helping to much but soybean oil is a great ceramide. so I say seal with it when you moisturize. Mn/anitfungal cream seems to work for hair growth in the bald spot.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic