BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Soul Food Junkies"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:05pm
yes girl, my grandparents and those before didn't eat that by choice...and they only kept eating it out of habit.  i will pass.
Sponsored Links

zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:06pm
I ate chitlins growing up...just me and my dad, he used to cook them so good...the rest of my bougie family members thought they were too good for chitlins LOL
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:06pm
I LOVE Byron Hurt! I will definitely be watching. I enjoy his take on things and it sounds very interesting.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:08pm
I love Soul Fool.

There is this place in LA, that makes the best smothered pork chops, dressing, string beans and yams. Damn, I just got hungry thinking about it.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:10pm
It's true about cooking greens until there is no nutrition left. Pointless. But that's part of why it tastes so good. Who wants to eat raw okra? 
But it's not just how food is prepared, first of all, most of the foods we eat in this part of the world have been genetically modified. That is a problem in itself. I recently stopped eating corn because of this. But it's not just corn. I don't eat seedless fruit. That's an oxymoron in itself. 

Then we have all the processed foods. The powdered cheese (yuck) all of the zero nutritional value  sodas and drinks. Coupled with little exercise and supplementation. 

I see mothers at the mall giving their BABIES Mcnuggets and pepsi to eat and drink!!! Cry

And It's not just black people. 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I love Soul Fool.

There is this place in LA, that makes the best smothered pork chops, dressing, string beans and yams. Damn, I just got hungry thinking about it.

had all of that for xmas minus the string beans. Embarrassed  i think im about to have leftovers now b/c of you.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:12pm
I hate u Wonderland, send a sista a plate. Big smile
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:15pm
i have actually always prefered my greens and most other veggies cooked "al dente".  in fact, i would always make sure i was postged up in the kitchen when my grandma was cooking so that i could get some out of the pot before they were all the way done...
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:20pm
I saute my greens with a bit of sofrito and add mushrooms.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

It's true about cooking greens until there is no nutrition left. Pointless. But that's part of why it tastes so good. Who wants to eat raw okra? 
But it's not just how food is prepared, first of all, most of the foods we eat in this part of the world have been genetically modified. That is a problem in itself. I recently stopped eating corn because of this. But it's not just corn. I don't eat seedless fruit. That's an oxymoron in itself. 

Then we have all the processed foods. The powdered cheese (yuck) all of the zero nutritional value  sodas and drinks. Coupled with little exercise and supplementation. 

I see mothers at the mall giving their BABIES Mcnuggets and pepsi to eat and drink!!! Cry

And It's not just black people. 

good point. I don't think that the documentary will really touch on that part of the conversation, but it's a really relavent part to it.

have you ever read any of Michael Pollan's books? I really like the way that he discusses corn in "the omnivore's dilemma" I never realized how much corn was in everything

i agree its not just  black people. when I worked on a reservation, I remember some of the moms giving their babies watered down Coke in their bottles. Cry Diabetes was no joke there. and of course the babies that would drink sausage gravy in their bottles.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
  Share Topic