Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Soul Food Junkies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

i have seen studies that suggest there is stuff added to processed food that is as addicting (if not more) than crack...sigh...

It's definitely done....like using ethylene oxide gas to ripen fruits
Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I've seen a lot of kid with capped teeth due to poor eating habits, I'm talking about 2-3 year olds. They shouldn't have teeth like that.

Parents are lazy nowadays
OMGGGGG yessss
this makes me sooo sad. 
I see little kids with dingy teeth. And when they laugh, I see caps all over. I am in complete shock!!!
Even when I didn't have teeth, my mother cleaned my tongue and gums. 

Ouch I must admit I was a victim of the fcked up teeth club as a child. My mom had me when she was 15 and ain't know how to get me to shut up when I cried so she stuffed me with candy which, from what she says actually made things worse. I was so addicted to it she said I kind of had the shakes like a crack addict or something.
oh damnnnn!
Your mother's family didn't take you under their wing since she was young?

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:01pm
i really wish portion sizes in America were smaller.  I cannot, not eat the whole thing but i'm fine when i go to a dinner party or something and the portions are smaller.  

i haven't eaten McDonald's for almost 3 yrs I think, but i learned this when i ordered a happy meal before class...i was completely full and my stomach hurt the same as having a big mac meal.  
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:08pm
yall parents fcked yall up early Confused
There has never been a can of lard in my house and i didnt grow up on pork or with a ton of snacks, candy, etc.

We used the george foreman grill for quick things.

their only fault was not taking advantage of fresh fruits/veggies and keeping juice in the house.

but my dad did take me out for pizza a lot, it was my favorite food. to this day pizza is the sure fire way for me to gain a quick 5 lbs
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:09pm
The portions at restaurants have gotten sooo small here in, but the price is still the same.  
I don't like that. 

I used to have a bestie date 1x per month with my best friend where we tried a new restaurant, but I've stopped since not eating meat, as well I'm scared they use the same utensils for pork as they do other things. I don't eat pork. I scrub my veggies with a brush and mild soap, I doubt they do. It's just a hot mess altogether because I'm so anal. 

Also, I hate the when you can't tell people bout their kids. Even children you are related to. My sister..gosh I can't tell her nothin bout the way she is raising her children. i stopped going around because I refuse to be a part of the problem, since I can't be part of the solution. 

When I have children, I know my mother and other sister will help to raise them too, and they will feel like they have many moms. That's sweet, imo. I treat the children in my family like I birthed them myself. what the prollem is? wack ass! 

/rant. 
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:13pm

Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I've seen a lot of kid with capped teeth due to poor eating habits, I'm talking about 2-3 year olds. They shouldn't have teeth like that.

Parents are lazy nowadays
OMGGGGG yessss
this makes me sooo sad. 
I see little kids with dingy teeth. And when they laugh, I see caps all over. I am in complete shock!!!
Even when I didn't have teeth, my mother cleaned my tongue and gums. 

Ouch I must admit I was a victim of the fcked up teeth club as a child. My mom had me when she was 15 and ain't know how to get me to shut up when I cried so she stuffed me with candy which, from what she says actually made things worse. I was so addicted to it she said I kind of had the shakes like a crack addict or something.
oh damnnnn!
Your mother's family didn't take you under their wing since she was young?

Unfortunately no smh
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:16pm
One day when I was about 3 yra old, my mother let me have about 6 lolly pops. 
I was crying for more and she said no. 
My dad came and was like, why is my baby crying? Mom said because she wants more lollies. 
Daddy said 6 from mom, 6 from dad. 
I had 12 lollies that day!!
My mom was like, Big smile fine! 
I was like Shocked Tongue
The next day my mom was like, Evil Smile here is your morning milk Derri
I was like,yeaaaah Cool (I loveeee milk)
Few hours later I was like, Geek my stomach hurts
And my mom was like, Embarrassed don't look at me 
And I was like, Clown you a damn lie! you gave me bitters!!!!
And she was like, Approve Cool gotcha sucka!

zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:17pm
Derri, your mum's gangsta LOL
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:18pm
LOL @ Derri
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:19pm
All you can eat KFC??????? i've never seen that before

who eats that heavy every day doh? I can't... I'd be sick

I think some of the food could be okay.... if bacon, butter, and sugar wasnt added to it

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic