Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"Soul Food Junkies"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

My family only really eats soul food during the holidays and a few other occasions through out the year for random family gatherings. For the most part we eat a very healthy diet. I though most people only ate soul food during the holidays. Eating soul food everyday is obviously a heart attack waiting to happen.

That's the key....maybe *they don't eat the 10 kinds of sides every meal (that's for Sunday dinners and family gatherings) but probably 3 sides on a daily basis will still do damage

*they--> i don't know who "they" are, im generalizing

i think also the way that it is cooked is important as well. all that butter, lard, sugar, etc. isn't good for you. at all.

and if you're starting with crappy veggies, cooking them and adding butter and sugar and other things until there is basically no nutritional value left, can you still classify it as a vegetable? the same could be said for meat.

i think you could still have the staples such as greens, yams, beans and fish but cook them in a healthier way.

i don't think there is any way to cook chitlins healthy though LOL
Sponsored Links

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:43pm

My family only really eats soul food during the holidays and a few other occasions through out the year for random family gatherings. For the most part we eat a very healthy diet. I though most people only ate soul food during the holidays. Eating soul food everyday is obviously a heart attack waiting to happen.

It's more common than you think to eat soul food on a regular basis. My family doesn't eat it daily but besides holidays it's atleast cooked for Sunday dinner from time to time. I love soul food but there's certain foods I don't think I'd see myself eating on a daily basis though.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

That's the key....maybe *they don't eat the 10 kinds of sides every meal (that's for Sunday dinners and family gatherings) but probably 3 sides on a daily basis will still do damage

*they--> i don't know who "they" are, im generalizing

i think also the way that it is cooked is important as well. all that butter, lard, sugar, etc. isn't good for you. at all.

and if you're starting with crappy veggies, cooking them and adding butter and sugar and other things until there is basically no nutritional value left, can you still classify it as a vegetable? the same could be said for meat.

i think you could still have the staples such as greens, yams, beans and fish but cook them in a healthier way.

i don't think there is any way to cook chitlins healthy though LOL

I doubt most people will cook them in a healthy way though especially when it comes to like greens and stuff. With greens that would pretty require not cooking them as long as most people do. People would rather have it taste good than have it be healthy and that's why they cook most soul food the way they do.
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:54pm
Soul Food and those salty but delicious Ramen noodles.

I think it's more so that it's freakin expensive to eat healthy. The cost of meat and vegetables is going up and up....meanwhile I can get a McRib for $1.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:55pm
i hate black eyed peas.  jesus, they are gross.  i'll just have bad luck.

i only eat classy soul food.  the only pig i'm eating is the loin.

i'll definitely watch this.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Dec 27 2012 at 2:55pm
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

LOL What do you consider "classy" soul food?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

LOL anything that don't consist of the dookie track...Dead  and hog maw .... like i said, gimme the loin or gimme the leg, that's all i want from my animals.

thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:02pm
Growing up I loved me some soul food pig feets , head cheese ,pig ears ,my kids never had souled food,because i never cooked it , so they look at it as eww whats that>>>but I plan on cooking pig feets on new years .I'll probably be the only one eating them...
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:03pm

LOL anything that don't consist of the dookie track...Dead  and hog maw .... like i said, gimme the loin or gimme the leg, that's all i want from my animals.

lol! IA. I don't see how people can eat chitlins and such. I can't bring myself to eat that foolishness.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:04pm

I doubt most people will cook them in a healthy way though especially when it comes to like greens and stuff. With greens that would pretty require not cooking them as long as most people do. People would rather have it taste good than have it be healthy and that's why they cook most soul food the way they do.

that's true. very true. people don't like when you tell them the way they have cooked needs to change. I remember suggesting to my grandma once how to cook the greens and got mollywhopped w/ a spoon LOL. if people want to get healthier, though, then that's one of the things that has to change.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>