Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Soul Food Junkies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:27pm
I'll watch it. It looks really good and such a complex issue. I thought about how unhealthy the food was when I celebrated the holidays w/ my relatives this yr

I wonder how far the doc will delve into the concepts of food deserts in the inner city areas, but that could be a whole documentary in itself.

seeing all that junk food reminded me of my school...there is this store that's open before/after school and during lunch periods that sells all kinds of junk foods. kids will line up 10min before school opens to eat hot cheetoes for breakfast and prefer a cup o noodles to the caf. food for lunch(which is actually pretty healthy).
Sponsored Links

oneluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:28pm

My family only really eats soul food during the holidays and a few other occasions through out the year for random family gatherings. For the most part we eat a very healthy diet. I though most people only ate soul food during the holidays. Eating soul food everyday is obviously a heart attack waiting to happen.

Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:28pm
I only like fried chicken, candied yams, and macaroni and cheese.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:30pm
i want to see this. please bump on the 14th
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

its going to get worse on NYE cuz we're having chitlins.

Sick

zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

My family only really eats soul food during the holidays and a few other occasions through out the year for random family gatherings. For the most part we eat a very healthy diet. I though most people only ate soul food during the holidays. Eating soul food everyday is obviously a heart attack waiting to happen.

That's the key....maybe *they don't eat the 10 kinds of sides every meal (that's for Sunday dinners and family gatherings) but probably 3 sides on a daily basis will still do damage

*they--> i don't know who "they" are, im generalizing
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:36pm
i like soulfood but not all of that chitlins, pigs feet, hog mogs, turkey necks, souse and all that crap. i dont eat it often though.

So many people in my family have high blood pressure and diabetes. Its a shame.
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

its going to get worse on NYE cuz we're having chitlins.

Sick

i figured a elegant woman such as yourself would appreciate fine dining.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:40pm
no.  those things are not right.  horrible.

i don't allow them in my kitchen or home...funkin up the place...no sir.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

That's the key....maybe *they don't eat the 10 kinds of sides every meal (that's for Sunday dinners and family gatherings) but probably 3 sides on a daily basis will still do damage

*they--> i don't know who "they" are, im generalizing

i think also the way that it is cooked is important as well. all that butter, lard, sugar, etc. isn't good for you. at all.

and if you're starting with crappy veggies, cooking them and adding butter and sugar and other things until there is basically no nutritional value left, can you still classify it as a vegetable? the same could be said for meat.

i think you could still have the staples such as greens, yams, beans and fish but cook them in a healthier way.

i don't think there is any way to cook chitlins healthy though LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>