Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

sore spot and hair not growing in that area ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
hairADDICT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairADDICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sore spot and hair not growing in that area ?
    Posted: Nov 28 2010 at 2:23pm
hey all .
would you know what that is ? i think i've had it for quite some time now but was neglecting and thought it was just weave 'causing the sore sport but i noticed i used to have a sore spot in the middle of my head, and the color was different from my scalp it was kinda red , and my hair there was weirdly and randomly short, like there had been bad breakage there and it would never grow , even the texture of the hair wa diffrerent now that spot has healed and now i have the same thing but more towards the front . the only thing i can remember happening there was burning my scalp from flat ironing but i never flat ironed the middle of my head though
Sponsored Links

equestrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equestrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2010 at 3:04pm
are you positive that it's not a relaxer burn?
natalie2u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natalie2u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2010 at 3:45pm
do you suffer from/prone to skin disorders,maybe even a fungus? could explain the discoloration and lack of growth and sensitivity in those areas....not trying to be rude,skin fungus is very common and they often lie dormant,only to pop up from time to time.
TheSweetLife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSweetLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2010 at 4:17pm
You may need to see a dermatologist.
mixedgirl06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixedgirl06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2010 at 4:46pm
I'd go see a doctor just to find out what's causing it and see if there's anything to help it
obsessedwithhai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obsessedwithhai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2010 at 5:14pm
I would def go to the doctors.  Although I had a problem that sounds similar it was caused by weaving with hair that I had an allegy to.
CincygirlD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CincygirlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2010 at 9:59pm
Sounds like my spot. Always tender, always shorter, different texture
I went to the derm who gave me creams, foams, lotions and checked my thyroids. The only thing that he gave me that worked was Betamethasone liquid dropper. It worked for about a year, and stopped. Nothing has worked since. I was actually standing under the showeer today and almost started crying cause in that spot I could feel the water hitting my scalp, everywhere else I couldn't. My hair is sooo thin/short there, I'm really thinking of going back to a TWA or bald.
I say, go to the Dr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairADDICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2012 at 11:00pm
2 years later and it's pretty much bald . no different textures or shorter hair , just bald. i didn't go to the Dr. due to the fact that I was always in weaves and I want to heal it myself , I always have this (good or bad) tendency of wanting to heal on my own and fix things on my own ...  And I don't the Dr. to give me something I'll have to keep using and using or else baldy spotty comes back ... I'm so scared that it'll grow or something =(

here's a picture :

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairADDICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2012 at 11:01pm
just noticed it's not the different color anymore though, it used to be red 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairADDICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 11:50pm
Omfg i think i have centrifungal alopecia God forbid , i just read about it and saw some pictures and started crying , i have to go to a clinique now for sure
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic