Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sooo. my grandfather cancelled christmas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:30pm

I really feel sorry for you, PR. I know thats the wrong thing to say...but damn.

I'm not blaming your grandad and whatever he's going through, but I really understand why it's bothering you. I hope you have a happy holiday, even if it's different than what youre used to
Sponsored Links

PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

i'm glad that my opinion of Christmas is never going to change.  Christmas is awesome.

i like the idea of feeding the needy.  

My opinion will never change either. Prolly because my bday is 5 days before.

I get really sad when things end. Especially traditions

Omg. When Monk (the show) ended I was crushed. Because that was our show. Every thursday at 8. Me , him and pop corn.

Fortunately we moved on to Bones I was shook for a second.

that actually makes me teary eyed b/c that used to be our family night show...mom and lil sis...i was SO sad when it went off the air.  I miss Monk.  

Omg then that "maybe its time to go" song they played in the commercial got me everytime. If anything monk taught me that "its a jungle out there"

@LB thanks boo . Tryna stay positive

Its like too many hits at once lately. But I'm pushin thru it
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:57pm
Aww PR, I really feel for you... without going into too much detail, I can relate.... I dont think people with traditional families get what some holidays/ events are like when you dont have that stable family unit....Its like everything is magnified more

Trust me when I tell you it will get better....
RedFoxx View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedFoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

Thanks for posting PRanea. I'm  hella late. Sorry this had to happen to you! I would be upset too. You should tell him how this makes you feel maybe he will change his mind. 

I tried. No luck. I think he's depressed

That may be. What I would do was when he was out of the house. Set up a Christmas tree, light, the whole nine yards, put on some christmas music, something happy like, Rudolph the Red Nose Raindeer(sp?) and surprise him when he gets home. Put some gifts under the tree. You just have to try and get him in the holiday spirit!! That should do the trick!!

eta: I just went back and read most of this thread. I feel so sorry you have
to go through all of this. If you lived close I'd be your family and we
could have celebrated Christmas together.

I hope you granddad comes to his senses and understand how much this means to you.

This would be very disrespectful especially since he has already said his reasoning is that he believes its a pagan holiday that shouldnt be celebrated...its almost like youre saying I dont care how you feel or what you believe I want xmas and dammit we will have xmas!!!

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 10:54pm

i'm glad that my opinion of Christmas is never going to change.  Christmas is awesome.

i like the idea of feeding the needy.  

My opinion will never change either. Prolly because my bday is 5 days before.

I get really sad when things end. Especially traditions

Omg. When Monk (the show) ended I was crushed. Because that was our show. Every thursday at 8. Me , him and pop corn.

Fortunately we moved on to Bones I was shook for a second.

that's a great show.  i've never met a young person who watched it. i heard about if from old pplLOL
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:00pm
Work to have your own family and build traditions with them, while enjoying the best of what you do have with your family now, would be my best advice. 

I don't celebrate christmas so a lot of my relatives would probably dislike me if I went home during xmas time. Which I wouldn't for that reason. My immediate family and I observe the passover and other things in the Bible and that has been our tradition for the past 10 yrs. 

This yr my birthday is probably going blow because we all have so much going on in our own lives, things are much different now so there wont be no big new yr's eve birthday bash as I normally do, but I'm happy for life and strength and knowledge and wisdom. It bees like that sometimes. Life is fragile, I lost family members this yr who won't even see a new year.  I'm happy to be on my life journey, and I'm a winner. 

Accept your life journey, accept that things have to move and grow and change as it is the nature of the world, and change with it for a better, stronger you. If you don't want something to change, you have to maintain it, or else it WILL change as nature intends. Change is growth though. As long as you learn from everything, the change is worth it. That's the lesson of life: to seek and find through changing of the mind.

Happy holidays to you PR, and everyone else. Hug

Edited by Derri - Dec 12 2012 at 11:10pm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:11pm

OP, is your grandfather not wanting to have anything to do with you visiting under any circumstance, or is it the fact that it's just Christmas?  Do you feel that your grandfather doesn't want to deal with you during Christmas because you are a reminder of past Christmas celebrations?

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:29pm
PRHugHeart

I think you should enjoy spending time with your grampa and fam. Enjoy your birthday and your hard earned vacation. Even if it is not the Christmas you want, try to enjoy what you have. You can still get cider and maybe start some new non Christmas traditions?

Who knows, he may end up doing some Christmas-y things after all.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:32pm
PR, I have no idea how to ask this but...

Have you thought about what your gonna do when your grandfather... uhh... pushes over... the bucket?
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

PR, I have no idea how to ask this but...

Have you thought about what your gonna do when your grandfather... uhh... pushes over... the bucket?

What. The. . Why.

He's 58. I know life is short but I hope its not that damn short.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>