BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Sooo. my grandfather cancelled christmas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by lexis83 lexis83 wrote:

So you're not staying with him? I thought he just didn't want to do stuff.

You poor baby.

Nope. I may sleep over for one night. I want to go back to my old room. But I will mostly b at my BFFs house and grandmothers and a family friend.
Sponsored Links

PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:10pm

So you're not staying with him? I thought he just didn't want to do stuff.

You poor baby.

Nope. I may sleep over for one night. I want to go back to my old room. But I will mostly b at my BFFs house and grandmothers and a family friend.
lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexis83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:14pm
Now I understand your feelings better. I would be heartbroken too.

Talk to him about it when u do see him and let him know you'd love to spend more time with him next time.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:22pm

Now I understand your feelings better. I would be heartbroken too.

Talk to him about it when u do see him and let him know you'd love to spend more time with him next time.

Yeah. It hurts because when I booked my flight I was gunna go home on the 26th. But I thought to myself "nah. That would be messed up to leave right after christmas. I want everything to calm down and then leave 2 days later. So I extended my return date. When I called my granddad saying I'll be home for christmas I wish he would have spoke to me then. You know. ?

Fortunately me being evicted worked out because I have a LOTTTT more money now lol. YOLO. So I'm not too concerned with missing a week of work. Plus I have a wayy better position lined up for me. Starts January 14th. So I'm chillin. But since I have a new job coming up, this will be the last time I can come home for a while :(
bubblyboo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bubblyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:27pm
Giiiirrrrllll. Nothing against Jehovas witnesses but I got the same talk from a guy that was trying to convert our family. UUUuuugghhh. I don't know why people don't see that theres more to Christmas than religion. I mean for some people religion is central to how they celebrate holidays like this BUT you can combine the two but its not necessary.  Christmas is about so much more. Giving gifts, spending time together, having dinner is a way to show the people in your life how much you mean to them and its just for one day. The entire season is filled with fellowship, love, giving etc and this extends to those who are less fortunate. Its a beautiful thing and its a happy time of the year for many people across the world.

I think he is bitter. The bible shouldn't have an impact on the traditions and memories with your fam. Period. Sorry you are going through this. Have a backup plan. If he so desperately wants to push you away then I wouldn't let my holiday be ruined by his bitterness. I would spend it with someone who actually wants to spend it with me. You can still have fun. DON'T LET ANYONE RUIN YOUR HOLIDAY! If Christmas, traditions, memories, family time and all that is important to you, then surround yourself with people who share the same sentiment. Since he is going in another direction, focus on him during another time of the year.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:32pm
Wow ... Well said bubbly.

(Still getting him a gift. Doesn't have to be a christmas one).

Did we do a gift thread yet?
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by EasterBell EasterBell wrote:

Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

LOL @ "cancelling Christmas".. What are y'all like 5 or something.. Big folks don't use such terms.

Ermm That's all you can think of to say in this girl's post....?

Why, yes, yes it is.. Along with the other post I said prior..

"Cancelling Christmas" sounds like something a little baby would say.. I understand it's tradition for her, but if Granddad don't want nothing to do with it anymore, that still should not be a reason for her to not want to go home.. That day will go on.. It's just how you spend it.. You don't need all that excess stuff (though it is nice) to say that it's Christmas.

I absolutely agree.

Time to grow up sweets. Listen, just like you will hopefully continue to grow and evolve, so does your family. Yes, even older people are constantly changing, in some obvious ways, and some not so obvious.

It may be something so simple as the fact that you are older now, and a.lot pretenses that parents put on when kids are younger, well,.they can be put away as kids age. Holidays are a lot of work and exhausting, and as much as I enjoy my family, I'll be glad when the day comes that it is totally enjoyed for the reason for the season.

Also, is your grandpa aware of your financial difficulties? Maybe he feels that if you were getting evicted you should be saving that ticket and.present cash for a real roof, and not some feeling that you get in the month of december. More than likely he knew you'd be hurt hearing a harsh truth, so he just said he wasn't celebrating.

It sucks to have reality hit at the holidays, I'm actually feeling sorry for you, but I know you'll woman up and work it out. You've proved your resilience time and again.

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:12pm

LOL @ "cancelling Christmas".. What are y'all like 5 or something.. Big folks don't use such terms.

"Cancelling Christmas" sounds like something a little baby would say.. I understand it's tradition for her, but if Granddad don't want nothing to do with it anymore, that still should not be a reason for her to not want to go home.. That day will go on.. It's just how you spend it.. You don't need all that excess stuff (though it is nice) to say that it's Christmas.

I think you missed the whole point though anyway. It's apparent she's mostly hurt because her grandfather doesn't want to spend any time with her at all while she's there. She said he doesn't even want to spend time with her during her birthday while she's visiting. I'd be pissed too if I were in her position especially if her grandparents are pretty much the only family she has.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by dreamz dreamz wrote:

I absolutely agree.

Time to grow up sweets. Listen, just like you will hopefully continue to grow and evolve, so does your family. Yes, even older people are constantly changing, in some obvious ways, and some not so obvious.

It may be something so simple as the fact that you are older now, and a.lot pretenses that parents put on when kids are younger, well,.they can be put away as kids age. Holidays are a lot of work and exhausting, and as much as I enjoy my family, I'll be glad when the day comes that it is totally enjoyed for the reason for the season.

Also, is your grandpa aware of your financial difficulties? Maybe he feels that if you were getting evicted you should be saving that ticket and.present cash for a real roof, and not some feeling that you get in the month of december. More than likely he knew you'd be hurt hearing a harsh truth, so he just said he wasn't celebrating.

It sucks to have reality hit at the holidays, I'm actually feeling sorry for you, but I know you'll woman up and work it out. You've proved your resilience time and again.

Nope. He doesn't know. I don't wanna stress him out. My landlord called my grandmother tho. Like wtf ? But. That's another thread lol.
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:18pm
aw we share a Bday

Go home, and set up xmas anyway.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair