Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sooo are y'all feeling this new Daquan ignorance?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Sooo are y'all feeling this new Daquan ignorance?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:06pm

maybe DC is aware he really isn't from there and think he is fake

you know the suburban black dudes that try to act hard

online it says he graduated from high school in Gaithersburg, MD

Estimated median household income in 2012: $79,487 (it was $59,879 in 2000)
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

black women always backed black men, but the opposite can't be said...and that's BEEN the problem.  black women are really not the issue.
not true. black men rallied for rosa parks and most recently, renisha mcbride and against anthony cumia for harrassing the sister on the street.

that's like three instances spanning 60 years Stern Smile
and Rosa Parks was part of a bigger movement.
but nah, i don't mean never ever

but anyway online it seems like black dudes go out of their way to talk about black women in a bad way.  there's waaaaaay more memes shading black women.

there are

and then I see girls loling under the memes and liking the pictures too

they aren't like the girls in the memes

I couldn't follow or be friends with a black man that posted some of the things I see

that's true too...that comes from wanting to be accepted by black men though...Wale's rant came off more like wanting to be accepted by others.
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:07pm

black women always backed black men, but the opposite can't be said...and that's BEEN the problem.  black women are really not the issue.
not true. black men rallied for rosa parks and most recently, renisha mcbride and against anthony cumia for harrassing the sister on the street.

that's like three instances spanning 60 years Stern Smile
and Rosa Parks was part of a bigger movement.
but nah, i don't mean never ever

but anyway online it seems like black dudes go out of their way to talk about black women in a bad way.  there's waaaaaay more memes shading black women.
there are obviously more than that but i don't like typing paragraphs, tbh.

i think its unfair to draw that conclusion because of some internet trolls copy/pasting a lame meme around. when a black man or woman are victims of white supremacy, i think the black community as a whole always comes together as one.

Edited by fckwitmeuknoigotit - Jul 09 2014 at 12:08pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:08pm

CR would know more about wale than me

she is young and in the area lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:10pm

I get the wanting to be accepted part, but that is on the young ladies

I agree with the part you wrote about wale

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 09 2014 at 12:10pm
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:12pm

concrete, what did innocent ol' wale do??? did he turn his back on DC once he made it mainstream???

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:23pm
I forgot where I heard this and Im not 100% sure its true so take it for what it is. Wale was born in DC but moved to Moco (the burbs essentially) and was raised there, then he moved to PG. I've personally never heard him rep Moco (Ermm). Before he got big he was pretty popular in the area and he would always partner up with Gogo bands (Gogo is a type of music originating and popular in the DMV)  which excited many people in the area because we all thought he would put us (and gogo) on the map.  Bascially he used gogo bands as a come up in DC. 

Long story short, when he got big he allegedly cheated some local musicians out of money and pretty much cut ties with all the people that helped him come up. So some people in the area don't like him for that.  But I think that's only the people who are into Gogo and would know about that.

SN: But I will say, if anyone outside of the area asks where I'm I would say Im from DC too (Im from Moco) just because it's easier and I identify with DC's culture. So I don't blame him for that.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jul 09 2014 at 12:27pm
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:32pm

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:36pm
Meek mill sayin these rap hoes ain't loyal
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

oh and wale's post was in response to meek mill crying about wale not supporting him

meek is daquan I guess

wale isn't a coon. you have to read the back n forth between him and meek mill to understand what he was saying with his comparison.

he was saying he isn't the steretypical rapper/mmg artist(daquan) because meek mill was calling him a cornball and all of that other nonsense for not supporting his album.

imo, the only thing that matters is that he wants to point out that he feels relieved in thinking that he is not viewed as daquan in his new black world.

When you (Wale) have to point out how different and unique you are, you usually do so b/c you feel that you have something to prove to someone...

Edited by NJHairLuv - Jul 09 2014 at 1:56pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style