Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Someone Please Help Me
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

Someone Please Help Me

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>






Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 08 2008
Location: Vulcan
Status: Offline
Points: 65041
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

You have a duty to your daughter to leave.
I feel bad for you but I feel worse for your daughter .


Are you thinking about her and what stay will potentially do to her?


This is precisely what I'm talking about. It's just going to continue the cycle.

I grew up watching my stepfather abusing my mother. He was a drunk, jobless, no-good POS. And guess, what? I wound up with someone JUST LIKE HIM. If you don't give a fucc about yourself, fine. That child at least deserves better.


Edited by Az~Maverick - Sep 08 2013 at 7:56pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 31 2010
Location: <3 <3
Status: Offline
Points: 108587
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:01pm
it upsets me to see children around situations like these...

If you grow up seeing abuse, there is a huge chance you will either abuse, or accept being abused by someone else

Please at least remove your child from this situation, for her sake. Even if you stay.

Back to Top
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 31 2010
Location: <3 <3
Status: Offline
Points: 108587
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

You have a duty to your daughter to leave.
I feel bad for you but I feel worse for your daughter .


Are you thinking about her and what stay will potentially do to her?



This is precisely what I'm talking about. It's just going to continue the cycle.

I grew up watching my stepfather abusing my mother. He was a drunk, jobless, no-good POS. And guess, what? I wound up with someone JUST LIKE HIM. If you don't give a fucc about yourself, fine. That child at least deserves better.

exactly
Back to Top
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 12 2010
Location: SC
Status: Offline
Points: 287453
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by **RuBy FoXx** **RuBy FoXx** wrote:

Its interesting that you say this because my father was abusive to my mother to the point that my mother believes that i remember "helping " him by throwing eggs at her after he told me to. My father killed his self when i was three mind you. But where do you suppose my child go if i were to stay? Not trying to be an ass but that really makes no sense to me

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

it upsets me to see children around situations like these...

If you grow up seeing abuse, there is a huge chance you will either abuse, or accept being abused by someone else

Please at least remove your child from this situation, for her sake. Even if you stay.



This is why you need to leave.
No more excuses.


I edited the last part bc I'm trying to understand that you are in a bad spot but plllleassee



Edited by jonesable - Sep 08 2013 at 8:11pm
Back to Top
**RuBy FoXx** View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2009
Location: US - New York
Status: Offline
Points: 565
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **RuBy FoXx** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:07pm
Its interesting that you say this because my father was abusive to my mother to the point that my mother believes that i remember "helping " him by throwing eggs at her after he told me to. My father killed his self when i was three mind you. But where do you suppose my child go if i were to stay? Not trying to be an ass but that really makes no sense to me

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

it upsets me to see children around situations like these...

If you grow up seeing abuse, there is a huge chance you will either abuse, or accept being abused by someone else

Please at least remove your child from this situation, for her sake. Even if you stay.

Back to Top
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 12 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 134927
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:09pm
Some members here have given good advice. I don't have anything to add but Hug.
Back to Top
**RuBy FoXx** View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2009
Location: US - New York
Status: Offline
Points: 565
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **RuBy FoXx** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

You have a duty to your daughter to leave.
I feel bad for you but I feel worse for your daughter .


Are you thinking about her and what stay will potentially do to her?


I have a son btw but i know it is bad, im trying
Back to Top
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 12 2010
Location: SC
Status: Offline
Points: 287453
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:10pm
I'm really sorry Ruby .
Why are you still there? Do you have any family at all?
Do you work?
Back to Top
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 18 2007
Location: MamaNem
Status: Offline
Points: 48007
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by **RuBy FoXx** **RuBy FoXx** wrote:

Its interesting that you say this because my father was abusive to my mother to the point that my mother believes that i remember "helping " him by throwing eggs at her after he told me to. My father killed his self when i was three mind you. But where do you suppose my child go if i were to stay? Not trying to be an ass but that really makes no sense to me



Where would your child go if your husband kills you?
Back to Top
**RuBy FoXx** View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2009
Location: US - New York
Status: Offline
Points: 565
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **RuBy FoXx** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:12pm
Thanks im trying. Im kinda just stuck because idk how i will get me and my child with his belongings to a shelter i have no transportation

Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

I know you're scared but you have to be brave. My heart goes out to you. Do you work? If not, that's great because you don't have to put up with explaining to work, etc. etc. I just want you to know that YOU MATTER. I am not blaming  you because I truly understand and if I never suffered from it first hand, I probably wouldn't be so empathetic. Start over. Go to a shelter: Get on some kind of government aid, find work and keep going to counseling. I wish you the best and I'm proud of you for reaching out. Most women suffer in silence.. You are already brave because you are reaching out. I don't know you but I love you and you deserve better... Take care..
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down