Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some hair facts.

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
slimmacee23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote slimmacee23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some hair facts.
    Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 9:30am
Taken out of my Anatomy & Physiology textbook. A little summary of hair structure & growth/loss.

Hair and Nails are composed of mostly Hard Keratin (dead cells).

The only living cells of a hair are in and near the bulb. The bulb grows around a bud of vascular connective tissue which provides the hair with its sole source of nutrition.

Hair Cycle: anagen, catagen, and telogen

Anagen stage:  Growing Phase, 6-8 years. At any given time, 90% of the scalp follicles are in the anagen stage. Stem cells multiply and follicle grows deeper into skin.  New hair grows up the follicle, alongside an old “club” hair left from the previous cycle.  Club hair is the hair that falls out when we brush.

Catagen stage:  Degenerative phase, 2-3 weeks. Hair growth ceases, hair bulb keratinizes and forms club hair. Lower follicle degenerates.

Telogen stage: Resting phase, 1-2 months. Club hair falls out.

We lose about 50-100 scalp hairs daily.

Scalp hair grows at a rate of about 1mm per 3 days (10-18 cm/yr) in anagen phase.

Hair grows fastest from adolescence until the 40s. After that, an increasing percentage of follicles are in the catagen and telogen phase rather than the growing anagen phase. 

Sponsored Links

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 5:00pm
good info i didn't know the growth stage lasted that long.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 7:41pm
Daniel.bryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel.bryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 4:00am
Thanks for sharing such nice information............Smile
janeleonard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janeleonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:56am
Every one have the hair growth cycle that helps to determine our growth and fall of hair. When hair remains mostly in the resting phase, then it may never contribute to hair growth and cause thinness and hair receding lines.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 5:21pm
Is there anyways we can avoid the degenerative phases where hair becomes weak and fall off when brushed?
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 5:31pm
MSM is supposed to keep it in the growth phase S&F. I am waiting on my kilo now... LOL
PS I just found out that drinking chlorinated water destroys the msm that you intake and boiling water does not remove the chlorine! So I have to get a water filter for my drinking water in order to not waste all this MSM I just ordered.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 30 2014 at 6:04pm
PGerald7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PGerald7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 5:46am
Hello everyone!

Thanks for sharing the great info.  Smile
Keezyanduknoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keezyanduknoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 5:50am
thx!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply