FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

some asian dudes perspective on race relations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:29pm
i would like to know this....How did the asian's get in the business to sell BLACK PRODUCTS ONLY  especially hair products?
Sponsored Links

ppp38 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppp38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:30pm
If whites had this same philosophy, no other race would ever make it in America
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:33pm
Black people are the only people that don't stick together or look out for each other. We are always selling out or looking for a ticket to get out.

If you want to boycott Asians then you should probably boycott the white man first.

I support black owned businesses but I'm realistic.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Black people are the only people that don't stick together or look out for each other. We are always selling out or looking for a ticket to get out.

If you want to boycott Asians then you should probably boycott the white man first.

And I do my absolute best to do so.
I always seek out black businesses first.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I don't blame him one bit for putting his own ppl first.
Not one bit.

That's also why I don't give them one dime while they profit off my ppl in our own communities.

Pretty much
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:54pm
I disagree with the thought in the OP that Black people don't try to help one another out.
There was a study that came out (idk how accurate it is) that states that Black people give back more of their income to the community than Whites to charitable causes. And that our donations are mostly for other Black people. African americans are labeled more of a commutative society as compared to a individualist one. So, they are pushed to helping other more from my experienced. I can think of many many many examples from my personal life.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I disagree with the thought in the OP that Black people don't try to help one another out.
There was a study that came out (idk how accurate it is) that states that Black people give back more of their income to the community than Whites to charitable causes. And that our donations are mostly for other Black people. African americans are labeled more of a commutative society as compared to a individualist one. So, they are pushed to helping other more from my experienced. I can think of many many many examples from my personal life.

You've helped me out personally quite a few times Concrete Rose Approve
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 5:00pm
yep! Anything for my niccas!Thumbs Up
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

But seriously, I've been in a position to hire, all at all times, it may be subconsciously, I've hired msostly blacks (although it's been mostly black applying). I do make an effort to patronize black businesses. From my experience, the mindset of blacks in a mostly white area is significantly different from those in majority black cities. Blacks in white areas tend to back stab and put down other blacks trying to come up. Quick to run to massa and prove he aint like the others. The low self-esteem is overwhelming. 
True or not, the statement in OP is a REAL lesson to be taught and learned. 
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 5:31pm
On a different note, OP IS over-generalizing a bit. And on another note, in the American society, the white powers that be don't deliberately have it out for Asians, but they do for the black man. With that aside, when blacks do manage to come up and establish businesses, we should definitely foster the mindset of the Asians as described in the OP.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic