BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Solange talks about Tina Knowles' color issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

I liked the article. All the ladies are down to earth and funny. Solange was not lying about those wet funky tracks! Has nothing to do with insecure, has to do with maintenance.

My biggest pet peeve is when non-black people compare you to another black person. "My other black friend does this" or "why don't you do this like this person?" like we are all the same. But let you group whites into a category and they will go off and tell you they are 1/5 norwegian, 1/5 irish, 1/5 cockatoo...
Sponsored Links

zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 4:14pm
I remember reading that article donkey years ago.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Omg Look at mama Tina when she was a lil kid, she looks just like Beyonce it's crazy Shocked

http://instagram.com/p/kGcWCdPwzD/

Wow! That IS crazy! Doesn't bode well for Bey in 20 years
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 4:20pm

that picture reminds me of children of the corn
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 4:20pm

Omg Look at mama Tina when she was a lil kid, she looks just like Beyonce it's crazy Shocked

Her grandson looks like her a lot.

harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 4:55pm

The comments are funny.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by KottonKandy KottonKandy wrote:

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

i tried to read it but I lost interest and really think the whole discussion is stupid.

Me too lol. I skimmed like hell and then gave up and read y'all comments...

Beyonce seems more hood than bougie. Her speech and diction isn't the greatest to be bougie. I never understood that though, it's like they typically hire people to help them with interviews and how to speak, but unless Beyonce refused lessons or it also appears she is so afraid to say the wrong things, she comes across like she over thinks too much in her interviews. 

Not sure I'd say hood. The girl's just probably never read a book in her life or set foot in a classroom. I'd go with the scared to say the wrong thing hypothesis. I remember when ever interview she made, she had to talk about God and how puritanical she is or something and the next minute, she'd be on set making that ass bounce. It was the oddest thing. I used to think she was schizo at the time.

Yeah, I don't think she sounds hood but she definitely cannot speak properly. I saw that she was the special guest DJ on Itunes Radio last month, and when I heard her, she sounded like she was overthinking each word. I think around cameras she chooses to talk like a white person because when she isn't she probably sounds really ghetto, but since she can't, she sounds awkward.

I think she did go to school, didn't she graduate high school? I thought I saw a pic of her yearbook once.
I also agree to whomever said Beyonce hopes her kid remains the color she is....... Gwyneth Paltrow's kids may not want to touch Blue if she gets too dark.
And I find funny that Solange talks about the paper bag test when her sister looks lighter than she was when she started singing.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 5:04pm

yes, beyonce has her face. and the pic that beyonce posted of herself as a child is really cute too.

she looks so different from this pic from 2003 that she posted

http://instagram.com/p/jzuhGtPw05/
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 5:13pm
I don't want to compare Solange to Beyonce but I think she may want to be the anti-Beyonce since she knows she can never top Beyonce. This way at least she is not in her shadow and has her own image.

Edited by liesnalibis - Feb 19 2014 at 9:27pm
Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 5:26pm
Solo, I appreciated the low-key shade of "blonde weaves" LOL dig at big sis much?? I see lots of light people go through what Solo is saying: My hubby acts super ghetto b/c people think he's not black (he has toned it down, but it was a big problem). I don't like the Knowles clan (maybe Tina, Solo seems mean) but it gives some insight into their childhood... Tina's childhood pic looks like Jules...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>