Perfect Hair Collection

Solange Gets Weave Checked by TSA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solange Gets Weave Checked by TSA
    Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:21am

Solange Knowles’ hairy run-in at Florida airport

Singer-turned-DJ Solange Knowles faced an unusual pat down at a Florida airport on Wednesday after security guards demanded to search her hairpiece.

Beyonce’s younger sister was on her way to board a flight out of Miami when she was asked to remove her wig to prove she wasn’t hiding any prohibited items under the hair.

A stunned Knowles later took to her Twitter.com blog to share her astonishment with fans, posting a link to a 2011 news article about a woman who was subjected to similar treatment TSA officials at an airport in Atlanta.

Alongside the website address, she tweeted, “I kid you not. This just happened to me.”

She later added, “Discrim-FRO-nation. My hair is not a storage drawer. Although, guess I couuld hide a joint up in here.”

However, Knowles refused to let the incident upset her and instead had a little Twitter fun with her followers by playing a game she called, “What did TSA find in Solange’s Fro?”.

Solange Knowles attends amfAR Milano 2012 during Milan Fashion Week at La Permanente on September 22, 2012 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty Images)

Solange Knowles attends amfAR Milano 2012 during Milan Fashion Week at La Permanente on September 22, 2012 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty Images)

It looks like singer Solange Knowles isn’t excluded from the often times annoying TSA process at airports.

Beyoncé’s younger sister jokingly vented her frustration on her Twitter page Wednesday after TSA security guards at a Miami airport searched her Afro.

“I kid you not. This just happened to me,” Knowles tweeted to her more than 1.3 million followers, linking to a news story about a Dallas woman who went through the same experience.

The singer, who’s set to release her album True by the end of this month, is known for rocking big, natural hairstyles.

She was also a spokesmodel for natural hair care line Carol’s Daughter before breaking ties with the company two months ago.

Knowles labeled the incident as “discrim-FRO-nation” before engaging her followers in a game of “What did TSA find in Solange’s Fro?”

People responded with humorous answers. One follower suggested Mitt Romney’s 5 point plan as an answer.

A number of news stories have been reported in the last two years about natural-haired women having their ‘fros searched by TSA and they often bring up issues of racial profiling.

But Solange seems to have taken the pat down in stride. Before her flight took off, she tweeted, “Me and my wig had a lot of good laughs with y’all.”

solange knowles
@solangeknowles
< =twt-follow- ="//plat.twitter.com/widgets/follow_.#align=right&=grey&screen_name=solangeknowles&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&lang=en" Border=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no sb_id="ms__id3187">

I kid you not. This just happened to me:dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/09/21/tsa…

solange knowles
@solangeknowles
< =twt-follow- ="//plat.twitter.com/widgets/follow_.#align=right&=grey&screen_name=solangeknowles&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&lang=en" Border=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no sb_id="ms__id3217">

Discrim-FRO-nation. My hair is not a storage drawer. Although, guess I couuld hide a joint up in here. *Blames "Romnesia" (my wigs name)

solange knowles
@solangeknowles
< =twt-follow- ="//plat.twitter.com/widgets/follow_.#align=right&=grey&screen_name=solangeknowles&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&lang=en" Border=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no sb_id="ms__id3246">

Lets play a little game called: "What did TSA find in Solange's Fro"?

solange knowles
@solangeknowles
< =twt-follow- ="//plat.twitter.com/widgets/follow_.#align=right&=grey&screen_name=solangeknowles&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&lang=en" Border=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no sb_id="ms__id3275">

😭😭😂@Remzophilosilos: the good lord, Jesus of nazareth was fount@solangeknowleswles' fro.”

solange knowles
@solangeknowles
< =twt-follow- ="//plat.twitter.com/widgets/follow_.#align=right&=grey&screen_name=solangeknowles&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&lang=en" Border=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no sb_id="ms__id3306">

😂😂@Elle_is_hautete: Romney's actual 5 point plan R@solangeknowleses: Lets play a little game called: "What did TSA find in Solange's Fro"?”

solange knowles
@solangeknowles
< =twt-follow- ="//plat.twitter.com/widgets/follow_.#align=right&=grey&screen_name=solangeknowles&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&lang=en" Border=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no sb_id="ms__id3337">

The. Proud. Family. What.“@sheikhofchic: The Proud Family "

solange knowles
@solangeknowles
< =twt-follow- ="//plat.twitter.com/widgets/follow_.#align=right&=grey&screen_name=solangeknowles&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&lang=en" Border=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no sb_id="ms__id3367">

Ok. Game over:( Flights taking off. Me and my wig had a lot of good laughs with y'all.

Edited by Bunnyahh - Nov 16 2012 at 10:40am
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:23am
what? her creole genes aint save her? 
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:25am
Lol I had my weave patted last week...I didn't think it was very invasive.
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:27am

Rules are rules.  I am glad she was a good sport.

*Nay to that entire outfit in the pic.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:27am
How did they know it was a wig? 
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:29am
Anyone with big tangled hair will be checked. Deal with it
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:30am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

I don't mind the pat as much as I would the removal.  Why would they embarrass u by letting u stand with matted hair & a wig cap in front of hundreds.  Why cant they just use the detector wand or x ray machine?Angry
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

How did they know it was a wig? 

Black people are bald
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:31am
she is so ugly to me. that pic is horrible.
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

I don't mind the pat as much as I would the removal.  Why would they embarrass u by letting u stand with matted hair & a wig cap in front of hundreds.  Why cant they just use the detector wand or x ray machine?Angry

yea i would never wear a wig on a plane

i made sure i got a weave before my trip...no thanks

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair