BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Twists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Softest fiber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
book worm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote book worm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 10:48pm
Don't tell me X-press ion tangles the most! Man! I just bought 5 packs of that hair
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 3:07am
If you twist all the way down, you can't tell once it's all twisted up & you dip the ends in boiling water to seal them. X-pressions is the most recommended hair by youtubers for this, so you're OK.  I was just hoping to leave the end open & I need Model Model for that.
But you're still good w/ X-pressions Thumbs Up
PS: It tangles less actually if you just use it straight out of the pack without the coconut oil and blowdrying straight first.  I maintain it with a daily spray of basically S Curl moisturizer spray with extra olive oil in it. But I make my own. I use water, vegetable glycerine, and olive oil in a spray bottle. 
So it's all good. Good luck and let me know how yours turns out!Smile

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 14 2014 at 3:21am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 12:42pm
My finished results!!!
TaDAAA!

The ends are unwinding because I did not seal them yet.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 14 2014 at 1:51pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:07pm
Trying to find a source for wavy kanekalon in #24 for next month.
Wish me luck Smile
ps maybe I'll do them much smaller

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 15 2014 at 9:10pm
book worm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote book worm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 10:46pm
Good job! I will be doing mine Friday. I'm excited!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 6:27am
Clap please post pictures! Smile
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 1:09am
I am feeling a little anxiety already with my hair locked away. I can't wait for this month to be over so I can take it loose and pamper my hairs again LOL 
I long to lather them in soothing conditioners and oils lavishly. I just can't get to it in these things. Although I like the length this provides, I feel a little trapped or claustrophobic with this on at times. Let me go have a drink to try to get through it LOL
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 11:43am
I dunked my head in the tub, conditioned and then sprayed the braids with my water, oil and glycerine mix. I felt a lot less separation anxiety from my hair after an intense moisturization session Thumbs Up
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 6:44pm
Darn... unfortunately, I am having problems with my twists. The ones in the back were like an inch off the scalp already.(slipping) when I took them loose to redo them I noticed knots and tangles in my hair that required me to cut the knots out. Darn I love my hair like this, but unfortunately I will probably take them out within a week or so to avoid further knots and loss of hair Confused
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 7:57pm
PLEASE HELP
I really want to keep my hair in twists. If anyone has any hints as to how I can wear this without it eating up my hair with mats and knots on frizzy biracial 3b hair.... PLEASE TELL ME what I can do to make this work without distroying my hair.

UPDATE I really got freaked out when I had to cut several inches off of my tips last night in order to detach the fiber from the tips of my hair. The braids had slipped down an inch from the roots. That slack all tightened up the twisting of my tip ends into the fiber. So at the bottom of my hair it was knotted on several braids.Ouch I lost several inches off the tips of several braids. With my hair already being quite thin, this is noticeable. If I had thick, bushy hair, perhaps no one would ever notice. Unfortunately I do not.

I THINK, the back may have slipped so much because i did not put the Curls passion fruit curl paste on that part because it had not come in the mail yet when I started on the back the first day. The twists in the front with this jam on my hair seem to be fairing better. So, I put ample amount of the curl paste/jam on the strands I retwisted last night. I will keep my fingers crossed that adding the paste to the braids in the back will 1) help with the slippage and 2) help to protect my ends from knotting up into the kanekalon. I really want these twists to be a regular part of my hair image from now on until I grow my own hair to below waist length. In fact, I already planned that I want to do them very skinny and closer together next time. So I am praying that this will actually work out and not chew up the ends of my hair that I am working so hard to grow. Stern Smile

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 23 2014 at 11:00am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic