Perfect Hair Collection

Softest fiber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Softest fiber
    Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 6:55am
I am thinking about trying waist length jumbo twists for a minute as a protective style but I know I will take them out if they feel hard and scratchy on my skin. SO I need to find a really SOFT feeling fiber. I think it was the regular kanekalon jumbo braid that felt really scratchy on my skin years ago.

Which fiber feels really SOFT? 

Look Im going for

ALSO I am hoping to find a fiber that is really shiny so it does not look like fabric or yarn.   
I think I read TOYOKALON is really soft? does anyone know?  So I want a silky SOFT shiny fiber to match my hair......

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE Embarrassed 

PS To make matters worst... I will need a color like#8 and #16 look in human hair colors

I dont like the brassy orange 27 or 144 synthetic color

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 25 2013 at 7:18am
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 8:11am
I think I found one that is promising
would have to be 4/27
it says Soft touch and also they have a # 24 in reg jumbo... so i guess i have to mix them

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 25 2013 at 8:14am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 5:45am
thanks to Femmemuscleisback's advice.... I will NOT be getting these since they will only  pull my hair  out. Seems they should not be called a protective style at all!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 4:07pm
I AM GETTING SENEGALESE TWISTS after all a year later I learned they are really light weight compared to box braids.LIKE THIS BUT BLONDE!

Doing it myself. Totally doing it this time Big smile
classic length, loose & wavy half way down like this sort of

Just waiting for my hair this color  to get here and it is ON!

it is Not #27 Don't  like orange
It's  #24 Natural blonde. I may put a few strands of #613 Platinum only at the  hairline . I also have a sunny yellow alcohol ink to give it all more of a sunny glow in case the fibers are a lil too ashen in tone.

I plan to spray  it all daily w/ water, glycerin & olive oil.
Twists are  really light weight compared to box braids. I pray it works out  and this might be my signature styleSmile

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 10 2014 at 8:44am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 8:06am
A FEW UPDATES:
I put in 2 rows last night and went to bed. 
First I blowdried the kanekalon with denman brush to take out the crinkles and make it shinier. I also put a lot of coconut oil on it. After putting it on my head, however, it still looks and feels dry.  It also tangled a LOT. I think I lost about 1/2 the hair to tangles so far as I tried to section off little pieces.

On a good note, it does not feel heavy at all, even though it hung  to my crotch. I cut off a few inches already to bring it up to tailbone length LOL I am hoping some sort of oil will make it feel moist and lubed because I want to boost up the shine on this fiber a bit more  (it still looks DULL like a fiber instead of like shiny hair) and also drench it in oils so I can continue to keep my hair lubricated like I did when I just wore buns.  I am still trying to grow my real hair.

I have not been able to attach using the invisible twist method at the root yet. It keeps slipping with my hair. So I have to start it off with a braid so far and then twist after I am about an inch down. I will work on getting the invisible twist to work to start the hair today.  In general, I am having problems with slippage all ready. The large ones are like 1/2 inch off the scalp. So I have to make them skinnier and start with a braid on my hair.  I am still going to try to wave up the ends. So I only twisted half the way down the strand, and then stopped by doing 3 slip knots to keep it from unraveling.  I will try to put it in  groups of big braids with flexi rods on the ends in boiling water and oil when I'm finished to see if I can get a shiny, wavy look on the unbraided  ends. 

I will have a total of 5 bags of Sensationnel Braid Now in color #24, one pack of Xpressions in 613 and one pack of Xpressions OMB 4/27/613 (tipped). This blend of colors is a pretty good impression of frosted blonde hair! It just looks dull, and tangled like a fiber at this point. Hopefully the boiling of the ends will help with that. I wish I could have done this with human hair or a shinier fiber.
The other half of my hair should come today. I will be back at it all day today. Thumbs Up

PS: Darn it!  I just found this wavy synthetic braid online

Model Model Glance Synthetic Braid - SOFT WAVE
This texture would have been PERFECT for the look I am going for! They even have a P27/613 which would be close enough to my colors. If this works out, I will have to get this hair next time!

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 11 2014 at 8:41am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:29pm
So unfortunately, I could not leave the ends loose with this hair because it was too tangled. So I am twisting it down to the ends now. My last 3 bags of hair did not come today! So I have to wait another day or so to twist up the top of my head. LOL 

Oh my Curls Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste helps a  LOT with the slippage and in general makes it look more groomed. Thanks MomentoIndigo for that hint Hug
also found http://halifaxhair.com/collections/synthetic-braiding-hair
This hair looks Really GOOD TOO!
Model Model Super wave

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 12 2014 at 9:03am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 5:13pm
It is all on my head now,thick, blonde & tail bone length, large twists. Reminds me of blonde dreds. Embarrassed 
Very pseudo tribal look meets Bo Derek Thumbs Up 
Now to get used to the new look! It will make life more interesting this month & I am so glad I tried these Senegalese twists for a little bit of fun & excitement! Tongue LOL

PS: If I do it again, I do want to use Model Model Super wave braid hair So I can leave it loose & wavy half way down.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 13 2014 at 1:38am
book worm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote book worm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 10:18pm
How long did it take you to finish?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 1:23am
The first day I spent at least an hour getting  the  feel  of how to braid them in and then switch  over  to  twisting . After that , I really  finished  most of  the  head the  2nd day within  about 5 hours. Yesterday I finished off the crown in about  2 hours. So I guestimate about 9 hours total.
If you start practicing Friday  night , you will definitely be finished  before Monday and probably by Saturday evening . I just had to wait on 3 bags of hair to come in  the mail. It was fun!

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 13 2014 at 1:40am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 9:00am
The X-pression Ultra braid hair tangles the most. Their color OM 4 27 613 is ash brown at the roots fading to platinum at the tips, kind of like her braids
So that color is kind of nice but their tangling really  sucks.

The Sensationnel Braid Now hair tangles a lot less and generally feels a tiny bit finer when blown straight. Their  color #24 is beautiful and PERFECT for natural medium blonde hair.
However , both tangle way  too much to leave any ends  loose.

Based on the reviews  of Model-Model Super Wave, I will look for that locally so I can use it next month . unfortunately, I will have to dip them in an Adirondack Alcohol Ink to try to get the colors more acceptable. Their 27/613 is closest but it is really Orange and White streaks of hair.Confused I want soft, muted shades of yellow/gold. So I need to darken the white 613 streaks to a pretty shade of blonde. If possible I would also like to tone down their harsh Orange version of 27 to have more of a gold cast also. Maybe a mixture of their colors Sandal and Lake Mist inks will accomplish both out of the 27/613 fibers for me.

This video shows how to dye synthetic hair with these alcohol inks.

Here is another video of the Model Model/ Freetress Super wave hair I want to use next

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 13 2014 at 8:35pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>