BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

So..being a dog owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 6:37pm
it's cute
dogs are cute but dogs are expensive and i dont want to get emotionally invested 
and like Purp said, they're like kids 
please dont start calling yourself a Pet Parent.....

Edited by EPITOME - Aug 12 2014 at 6:37pm
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 6:50pm
Wait . How old is the puppy ? You need to wait at least 6 to 8 weeks to wean off the mother . You can buy the high price milk at Petco or dilute 2 % with water . After a few weeks you can slowly mix dog food with the warm milk . Make sure you stick with the same food to avoid cramps and messy messy all over your home . Make sure you get a girl dog fix . Menstrual are like we woman go through but worse in a dog .
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I'm being begged by my s.o to take one of the puppies our mutual friend's dog just had. I know next to nothing about being a pet owner, aside from the time when I had a fish as a kid. Before I take on the responsibility, anybody have any tips or things I should be primed on? Health Insurance, going to the vet, dogfood, and other things I might not be aware of?

So yeah, dog owning for dummies. Help?

This will be long Stern Smile

Health insurance: dont get the PetSmart plans, they are full of sh*t and its not insurance, just good for vaccinations and office visits, but if your dog has an emergency, you pay the expenses. I cant wait for my plan to expire. If you dont mind the long wait take him to the Humane Society clinic for vaccinations when he/she reaches the starting age.

Vet: Shop around. Make sure they actually like dogs. The first one i went to was such a grouch i wondered who condemned her to that career.

Dogfood: Some breeds are more sensitive than others. If you decide to change the brand, introduce it very slowly, mix it with the old one over time. Dont buy any dogfood that has lots of grain or has corn in the first few ingredient list. Its a cheap filler which is found in many terrible dogfoods. Do NOT buy any dog treats made in China, there have been many recalls with lots of them having melamine and other plastics, which have killed many dogs.

Training: it will be a nightmare since its a puppy. You will need to buy a crate and diaper pads for potty training. Look up youtube videos and http://www.dogforum.com/ for advice on pup training. Buy Natures Miracle Stain and Odor remover, its the best enzymatic cleaner for pet odors and stains, the rest dont work, especially if you have carpet.

Dogs are needy, therefore high maintenance compared to cats. They are expensive, need to be groomed, and need lots of outdoor exercise everyday. You will need to take him/her out to potty every morning, so if you are not a morning person, it will be hard at first for you. Beyond the cuteness, they are a huge responsibility which if you are not ready for dont start; my dog was a rescue, likely abandoned after the novelty wore off, he was in a pretty bad shape when i found him.

But with all that said, i love my dog to death, he's fccing awesome Cool

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 8:13pm
i'm jealous
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 8:35pm
Oh my gosh, it's so cute!  Damn at that list of responsibilities everyone gave..Lort.
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 9:32pm
i would help you but all i do is give money to my mom and grandma to take care of my maltese. i know she takes him to the vet for his shots, buys him food (he's very picky about what he eats so it has to be gourmet dog food), take him to his grooming appointments, buy stuff to keep his teeth clean because maltese are prone to dental issues, and other stuff. i just enjoy the fun stuff. having a dog is like having a baby and i aint got time for all that. but i probably spend about $250-$300 on him monthly which is just usually for his food, grooming, teeth cleaning, and other misc things. we take really good care of him so he's never had any major health issues. i love buying him new toys and other random things. he's my baby. 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 10:02pm
smaison, I just love your posts! lol
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

it's cute
dogs are cute but dogs are expensive and i dont want to get emotionally invested 
and like Purp said, they're like kids 
please dont start calling yourself a Pet Parent.....
Yep. They train you to let them eat when you eat, their favorite foods, when they like to go out, types of toys & bedding...they are very worth it if you have the time and patience.

The puppy is so cute! You know you want it RT.Big smile
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 10:44pm
yeah he knows he wants it.

Random, the rule is  after you post its the pix on the internet, it's yours lol.

Edited by PurplePhase - Aug 13 2014 at 1:37am
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 11:19pm
RT acting like he isn't gonna love & treat that dog like Taye Digg's character in Ba ge Claim.LOL

Keep the puppy RT!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style