1. Research the breed if you have children or plan to .
2. Dogs are like children . You need to spend time and money .
3. Avoid long hair dogs unless you are ok with costly grooming .
4. Train your puppy from day one to go outside and do his business .
5. Never allow your pet to sleep with you . The dog will never stop .
6. Feed your dog quality food to keep the pet Healthy . Corn based foods will cause the dog to shed like crazy .
7.Make sure to expose your pet to adults and children .
8.You and your girl need to be on the same page with discipline .
9.Puppies will follow you you the door . Make sure you have a house or proper cage during the first weeks .
10. Check your local city website . Many require a permit.
11. Make sure you are ready . Your lady will fall in love with the dog and if you change your mind she will leave you lol .
I own 3 dogs . Not by choice . I own a dog at 5 . A dog will love you hard if your treat it right . Ask for the parents records . Watch Dog Whispers and purchase the book .
PS . Ask for any shot records are pay for first on the day you pick up the puppy . Never allow the puppy on grass for the first weeks . Fleas will have a party . Google the breed and place on the national kennel site . I could go on lol . HTH
Edited by india100 - Aug 12 2014 at 6:36pm