Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So we gon talk about this or nah, Bey-hive?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 31 Votes, Average 3.32  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:11pm
LMFAO.
Jay-Z's verse is the most mediocre piece of sh*t on the album.
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

LMFAO.
eat the cake anime
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

LMFAO.
eat the cake anime

Angry Anna mutha*&%^$#@Ein MAE!!!
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:22pm
Damn nita hit it on the head, thats why I get annoyed.

I don't think jays verse was THAT bad. But watching the vid and getting to see him perform it I got it.

Aaannnnnnddddd I guess its true bey is a drunk cause yea
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:22pm
I would be a drunk too.  sh*t I am a drunk.  Drankin riiiiiiight NAH!!!
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:24pm

LMFAO.
eat the cake anime

I didn't get that part was he giving an ode to being abusive?
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Move aside, baby Jesus. I know it’s your birth month and all, but there is bigger news afoot these days: This past Friday, Beyoncé (from all appearances. your sister-from-another-mister) dropped a surprise album on iTunes and proceeded to break the Internet.

For the past 72 or so hours, my newsfeed has been blowing up with a level of pandemonium surrounding Beyoncé’s newest album that could only be called fanatical.

Now don’t get me wrong, although I’m not the biggest fan, I have nothing against the singer or her music. What I do have something against is this mindless hero-worshipping, especially coming from all of my black, brown, and Native sisters out there.
So without future a do, an open letter to my fellow colored girls and member’s of Beyoncé’s cult fan club:

My sisters,

I have to admit, I normally try to avoid being “that girl.” You know that chick that can’t let folks just enjoy a song/movie/tv-show (or in this case a mindless bout of hero worshipping) without making that ish mad deep for seemingly no reason. But in this instance, I find myself with something to say and my spirit won’t settle until it’s been said so here goes:
Wake up y’all.

Beyoncé is a damn distraction. She is the bright and shiny (and damn fabulous) object who has been carefully crafted to distract us from our individual and communal pain (hell yea, I went there!); a distraction from the fact that we can’t all have what she has. The system just isn’t built that.
And I’m not talking about Beyoncé’s money or fame, I’m talking about something much more important and insidious than that: her confidence. The honest truth is: If every black, brown, and Native woman woke up one morning believing that she was beautiful, and important, and an intrinsically worthwhile human being, we would have a  revolution on our hands. (Because let’s be honest, most of us wake up every day feeling anything but.)
In a world that is dangerous for black and brown women’s mental, emotional, and physical health; in a world that constantly reminds us how unlovable (how dark/fat/nappy/angry/loud) we are, Beyoncé’s fabulousness reminds us what is possible. Beautiful. Successful. Happy wife and mother. We root for her, not just because we like her music, but because she is so familiar to us; hell, she is us.
Except that she’s not.

Beyoncé may not be the Evil Empire, but she sure as hell works for them. (Star Wars reference#fwt )
News flash: Beyoncé does not belong to us. And, I would argue, she doesn’t want to. While we often laude Beyoncé for being a “boss,” the truth is someone else (likely someone white, and male) still signs her checks.
Why? Because as an icon, Beyoncé’s brand has been strategically crafted to be aspirational, a perfect vessel upon which we are encouraged to project our fantasies of modern black womanhood yet, non-threatening to the status quo.
Beyoncé is beautiful in all the ways the media defines beauty: light skinned (and getting lighter all the time); straight, blond hair; curvy but not toooooo curvy. She rarely sings or talks about anything remotely controversial and easily conforms to traditional gender roles: loving wife, doting mother.
(Yes, she is a businesswoman – no one gets as rich and as powerful as Beyoncé being anything but – but it is the way her success is talked about that makes it palatable to the Powers That Be. Despite having a net worth in the hundreds of millions, easily rivaling that of her superstar husband, Jay-Z is almost always labeled as a “mogul” while Beyoncé is primarily spoken of as an “icon,” intentionally ignoring her business ambition and savvy.)

So basically, we’ve been tricked into celebrating the status quo.
In sum, Beyonce is safe. She represents a type of black womanhood that is both oppressive (dammit, can we get some dark-skinned girls, some natural girls, some queer women of color, some thick chicks being named People’s Most Beautiful?), unattainable, yet strangely appealing (cuz hell, who doesn’t want to be “fabulous” and successful and in a loving relationship complete with three karat diamond and adorable baby girl)?
Her success is partially a nod to our generation’s inability to live life for real, to move beyond scripted and sanitized portrayals of our lives and those of the folks around us.

We don’t want to think about our lived experiences as black and brown and Native women, we want the fantasy of what’s possible, whether in the form of Beyoncé’s latest album or our home girl’s Instagram feed.
A Comprehensive, One Step Guide to Loving Beyonce in a Healthy (i.e. not bat sh*t crazy) Way
Y’all. Beyoncé is a singer. Love her because she can sing and dance and has an adorable daughter you can ogle in your spare time. (Oh, just me? Oh, ok.)
But this hero-worship? This celebration of Beyoncé as the best thing since sliced bread? It’s a distraction, a distraction from the fact that we don’t live in a world where women of color are afforded even a slice of what Beyoncé has – the simple ability to be loved and affirmed, to be called beautiful, to be thought of as worthy of admiration.

Many of us do not have the opportunity to audaciously pursue our unique talents, or the ability to not be maligned as we rise to the tops of our field.
In other words: There is still work to do to make this world a safer, more loving world for us, our sisters, and our daughters, and it’s up to us to do it.
So again I say: Love Beyoncé because she can sing and dance and has an adorable daughter for you to ogle in your spare time. But don’t allow yourself to mindlessly worship an idol that has been deliberately crafted to protect a status quo that doesn’t give a damn about you or anyone who looks like you (unless of course, her name is Beyoncé).

Senior Detective View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:36pm

I was wondering what happened to IloveBeyonce & Solo. Either they don't post anymore or they died from multiple orgasms & heart palpitations when Bey dropped on Fri.  But here come Hairdo with a million & one gifs clit riding the queen of swagger jacking, theft & strong arming.  Oh yes, all hail the queenSleepy

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:39pm
beynce reminded me of kurt cobain's style with that dude who held diddy's umbrella's dance moves
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

LMFAO.
eat the cake anime

I didn't get that part was he giving an ode to being abusive?
beat it up like emmit till andrough it up like rihanna was off limits
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System