Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

So they thought Mo Farah was a terrorist?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So they thought Mo Farah was a terrorist?
    Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:23pm
I am quite dreading US immigration when I visit in Jan. They seem heavy handed. They also seem to discriminate quite openly. 

Not sure if you guys know who Mo Farah is - London 2012 Olympic star.  

Double Olympic gold medalist Mo Farah quizzed by customs officials in 'terror bungle' at U.S. airport

• Olympic star accuses border guards of hauling him in for questioning
  • London 2012 star blames their suspicions on his 'Somali origin'
  • Said he received letter saying he was 'under investigation as terrorist threat'
  • Revealed he was allowed to re-enter when his American coach intervened 
  • Farah previously moved to the U.S. to train before his Olympic glory 

British Olympic hero Mo Farah has revealed how he was quizzed by U.S. border officials on suspicion of being a terrorist. 

The double gold medal winner, who was awarded a CBE in the New Year's honours list, said he was hauled before guards while entering the country for a holiday this Christmas.

The 29-year-old runner told The Sun that border guards questioned him because of his 'Somalia origin'.

The athlete even resorted to showing his Olympic medals in an effort to prove who he was.

Disbelief: Olympic champion Mo Farah said that he gets detained every time he enters the U.S. due to his Somali origin

Disbelief: Olympic champion Mo Farah said that he gets detained every time he enters the U.S. because of his 'Somali origin'

Proof: Farah said that he pulled aside by officials while visiting Portland, Oregon with his family this Christmas

Proof: Farah said that he was pulled aside by officials while visiting Portland, Oregon, with his family this Christmas. Farah told how he retrieved his gold medals from his Luggage to prove who he was

On a previous visit to the country, Farah revealed that he was asked to leave before receiving a letter explaining that he was 'under investigation as a terrorist threat'. 

Farah moved to the UK with his British-born father aged only eight.

He said that he was taken aside by border guards while visiting Portland, Oregon, with his family on a Christmas break.

The athlete said: 'I couldn't believe it. Because of my Somali origin I get detained every time I come through U.S. Customs.'

Farah said he had to resort to 'getting his medals out' to prove who he was, as he was conveniently carrying them in his Luggage.

Farah, whose triumphs in the 5,000 metre and 10,000 metre races provided two of the most exciting moments of London 2012, trains in the U.S.

Mo Farah does the Mobot with his daughter Rihanna alongside his wife Tania
    Mo Farah

Family man: The athlete moved to the UK from Somalia as an eight-year-old with his British-born father

Accusations: Farah said he was previously asked to leave the country while training and later received a letter saying he was under investigation as a terror threat

Accusations: Farah said he was previously asked to leave the country while training and later received a letter saying he was 'under investigation as a terror threat'

After failing to qualify for the 2008 Olympics he moved his wife Tania and daughter Rihanna to Portland to work with legendary coach Alberto Salazar at Nike's headquarters. 

But the runner said that he had previously encountered problems with border officials. 

Assuming that his sponsors Nike had sorted out his residency visa, Farah 'had to leave' America as he was using a tourist visa.

He said: 'We flew to Toronto to stay for a few days, then come back in. 

'But when we were there we got a letter telling us we were under investigation as a terrorist threat and we would have to stay away for another 90 days.'

Distressed because he only had four days' worth of clothes with him, Farah got in touch with Salazar.

Farah claimed that his American coach had a 'friend who works for the FBI' who was a 'massive running fan'According to the athlete, the contact 'got it sorted'. 

Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:31pm
    his wife probably crushed him during sex 

just realized she was pregnant lol
    < id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">

Edited by femmefatale85 - Dec 29 2012 at 7:34pm
    afrokock View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:32pm
    his Brotha moment

in case he forgot he was black
    femmemichelle View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:33pm
    I was gonna feel bad but then I scrolled down.

I am so bad. Lol
    FarraFace View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:34pm
    I wonder if his gold medals set off the metal detector?

zsazsa View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:36pm
    I ALWAYS get femmemichelle and femmefatele mixed up. I can't be alone? for the longest I thought they were the same person until they appeared in a thread together. 

I agree Afro, but I am still scared of US immigration. They pull off women's wigs looking for bombs. lol they scare me. 
    zsazsa View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:36pm
    double post

Edited by zsazsa - Dec 29 2012 at 7:37pm
    Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:37pm
    ^^ me too lol.. SAW his white wife, and the little bit of pity I felt foot him went out the window: just because you have a white wife, you are subject to nukka treatment.. You are not absolved of this..
    zsazsa View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:38pm
    his wife is mixed. black/white
    afrokock View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:40pm
    Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

his wife is mixed. black/white
    they dont care, she looks white so thats good enough for them
    Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
    House of CB London
    Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
    The Elite Hair Care Sorority
    Electric Cherry Hair
    Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
    Human Hair Wigs
    Wefting Training
    FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions