Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

So stressed out im just about to elope!

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
COUTURENIKKI222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote COUTURENIKKI222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So stressed out im just about to elope!
    Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 8:37pm
Hey my bhm family I must vent!

So I'm planning my wedding now and its a lot and stressful. At first my fiance and I was going to elope but his family and my family wanted a wedding. So we decided to have a wedding now my fiance and I our cooks so we will be doing all the catering which isn't a problem. We have a company who will do our ceremony on the beach with decorations etc also. So what's the problem u ask? The reception and the family that's flying to Florida. So originally we were going to have our reception dinner at his moms house only 15 minutes from the ceremony site. The problem is my maid of honor and bridesmaids are flying from Philadelphia,California, Colorado they volunteered to be bridesmaids I never asked I just pick my maid of honor which is my cousin. Two of them are having babies which are due before my wedding I'm trying to pick affordable dresses because I realized it will cost a pretty penny to fly down there now they knew I was getting married in Florida before they volunteered. Now all of the sudden its too expensive. So to be fair and cut rent a car and hotel cost I decided to get a beach house on the gulf front to have my wedding on the beach and reception in the beach house so it will be airport to beach house beach house to airport then home my fiance family said they wouldn't mind picking them up at the airport and dropping them off. Now of course we all was going to divide the cost since we all would use the beach house the whole weekend and by that way they didn't need to get a rent a car unless they wanted to and pay for a hotel for a weekend which the whole day of the wedding they would not be in it. By this way your paying for something your going to be in all weekend. And you don't have to worry about driving around getting lost in a city you don't know. Now I'm worried about people paying there money on time people complaining about if they get a room by themselves can the dress be halter because they got small breast or have a split in it. Like all this bull I'm so stressed and can't really depend on anyone so what should I do ? I was thinking of getting a small beach house instead for my fiance and me have the wedding and reception there at one location and let everyone else find there own way but I may not have any bridesmaids all his groomsmen are in Florida. So any suggestions tips or cheaper beach rentals in Pensacola fl or gulf breeze fl I really want my family there but I have to stay true to our budget too. Thanks in advance please heeeellllllp me!
Sponsored Links

Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:26am
Well I find it rude that they volunteered to be bridesmaids, especially since they don't live anywhere near you! Then complain about the costs. SMH, that's what a bridesmaid does most time, pay their own costs, and yes it gets expensive that's why it's not something people volunteer for. Ugh. 

Your maid-of-honor is supposed to be shouldering the burdens of planning, btw, rope her into it! She doesn't get a free pass. o.O 

As for your wedding plans, beachhouse or none, I can't say. I'm not educated enough on that aspect of wedding planning. :/ Sorry. 
But for the dresses, go to alfredangelo for them, they have very affordable dresses, an array of colours, and different styles that complement each other. Also alfredsung too. 

(I worked in a bridal boutique)
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:45am
Umm I was my understanding ... that the bride pays for the cost of the bridesmaids gowns.

I've been in several weddings .. and never paid for a thing.

I think you change your expenses, pay for the dresses and be done with it.
oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 12:35pm
Just elope and then have the reception later with friends and family.

Its your wedding NOT your family's/friends
septemberjewel89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote septemberjewel89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 4:13pm
elope or courthouse and then have a reception....and also your bridesmaids volunteered so they need to stop complaining...
rubynaturalprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubynaturalprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 6:54am
Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

Just elope and then have the reception later with friends and family.

Its your wedding NOT your family's/friends

Exactly, your situation sounds stressful.....

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:53pm
Your family wants a wedding reception...they have to pay for it.
They won't/can't, do it your way. I would marry in a courthouse or call a priest/minister over home, have just people who live nearby, no flying, no money wasted on bridesmaids' dresses and then get an awesome place nearby to party with catering food, music and a limo to drive ONLY you and your hubby there.

It's in September...you have plenty of time to change everything.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic