Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

So many people are now selling hair extensions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
hairqueen2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairqueen2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So many people are now selling hair extensions
    Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 8:28pm

Just about every social media site is full of new online hair extension business owners, every week ten more new hair extension businesses pop up, and you can definitely tell that they are new business just by looking at their followers and the activity on their social media pages. The hair extensions industry is now saturated it wasn’t this saturated in 2010. I’ve met 70-80 year old women selling hair extensions. I even met a 78-year-old man selling hair extensions from the trunk of his car. There’s not a day that goes by that I’m not flooded with offers on social media to purchase hair extensions. It’s quite obvious the hair extension industry is making a ton of money and there’s a lot more to be made especially with new hair extension trends, but it amazes me how some people can just wake up one day and say “hey I think I’m going to start selling hair extensions” I take my hat off to those people because unlike others they are making an effort to become an entrepreneur, but what I have a problem with is some of these people not doing their research on hair extensions or the industry, these people I’m referring to are in it just to make money. Not all hair extension sellers are like this but you all know the ones I’m talking about and they know who they are as well. These people selling hair extensions just to make money are the ones making it bad for others who are really into this business as a career.
When I see hair suppliers selling hair @ 2 bundles for $60.00 (and various other low prices) claiming that the hair is Remy Virgin hair, I have a problem with that because as most of you hair sellers know there is no way you can get Authentic Remy or Virgin hair at such a discounted price from the wholesaler that your able to sell it basically for $30.00 a bundle.
Here’s my thought and a suggestion, either you actually believe that your wholesaler is telling you the truth that they are selling you Remy or Virgin hair and you’re not knowledgeable about hair extensions or the industry and you believe whatever your wholesaler tells you about hair extensions, or you just don’t care and you’re in it to make money. My suggestion is, make yourself knowledgeable about the industry and if you do know your hair extensions brand is not Remy or Virgin then just say it to the people who are buying from you. Just because your hair extensions aren’t Remy or virgin doesn’t mean no one will buy from you. People use certain hair extensions for various reasons. Some people may only need hair extensions for a day or week or maybe they can’t afford the most expensive hair extensions but they still want to look good, you never know what someone’s reason for buying your hair extensions are unless you ask. Instead of lying to or deceiving your customers talk about the benefits of using your hair extensions. Like how long they will last (the truth) how they hold heat etc etc. People will respect you more by telling them the truth wouldn’t you rather have a customer coming back to you or referring you instead of not coming back and spreading the word about how bad your extensions are. You can keep selling the same hair extensions but you should invest in authentic hair extensions as well. People will buy both but at least they know they’re getting the truth from you about which brand is best for them to purchase.
If you’re going to be in the hair extensions industry, keep it real otherwise the industry will get a bad review. If you’re looking to get into the industry do your research first.

Website: http://www.howtosellhair.com/ - http://www.howtosellhair.com
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/Howtosellhair - https://www.facebook.com/Howtosellhair
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/howtosellhair - https://twitter.com/howtosellhair
Instagram:  http://instagram.com/howtosellhair - http://instagram.com/howtosellhair

Sponsored Links

starbrainz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbrainz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 1:21am
I agree that there are several people who get into the business for the purpose of making money. But I'm also a firm believer that that's what most people DO go into business for in the first place...to have freedom in terms of how they spend their day and of course, to make money.

Some people do charge ridiculously low prices, but you have to understand that MAYBE it's because of one of two things:

1. they're trying to get their feet wet and at least get some customers under their belt by offering the hair only a few bucks more than they paid for it OR

2. they know absolutely nothing about business in general and have no idea what to do with markups

The hair business is a multi million dollar one, so for me, it's no surprise that folks are diving in. It's all about choosing what works best for you and hoping that whoever you align yourself with for business knows their stuff.

Nice advertisement at the end of the post, by the way.
BlaXiCaN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaXiCaN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 12:23am

I wasted my boyfriends first $300 on these fly-by-night pop ups..worse hair ever..

but this is true though..i was walking in the mall and saw a vendor selling "virgin" hair ..they had a lil stand set up and every thing..lol Stern Smile
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 6:21pm
I agree as well, some of my pet peeves are like the ones who sell hair on instagram.. I don't understand how you do not want to invest in your company and get a real website... that's why I am a firm believer in aliexpress.. I ordered from there a couple of times and got hair that lasts me 6months to over a year... and I was able to sleep at night.. I just cant see myself coming forth with 700 dollars for three bundles and it turns into a rats nest in less than a month.. but that's them fly by night companies.. Vanity is something that will never go out of style.. so ppl will continue to exploit extensions until we move out this "virgin" hair phase and all its made up origins
jerjer29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerjer29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:31pm
When the market gets saturated that means that there's a lot of people about to stop making money. I think it's good in a sense because we'll be able to find the cheapest people with good quality, and it'll force people like Sassy Mitchell and Bella Dream Hair which we all know have crazy markups to lower their pricing

I'm gonna try Genesis Hair (i've heard bad things but a friend always ordered and never had a problem), or this new girl who is local. This new local girl tho, her site and media looks like sh*t. One of those geocity pages,, i swear is what it looks like. If i'm paying same or less than Beauty Store hair to try it out then i honestly don't mind
Mally2687 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mally2687 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:55pm
hahah geocity? That some old ish!
starbrainz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbrainz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by jerjer29 jerjer29 wrote:

When the market gets saturated that means that there's a lot of people about to stop making money. I think it's good in a sense because we'll be able to find the cheapest people with good quality, and it'll force people like Sassy Mitchell and Bella Dream Hair which we all know have crazy markups to lower their pricing

I'm gonna try Genesis Hair (i've heard bad things but a friend always ordered and never had a problem), or this new girl who is local. This new local girl tho, her site and media looks like sh*t. One of those geocity pages,, i swear is what it looks like. If i'm paying same or less than Beauty Store hair to try it out then i honestly don't mind

How would an over saturated market cause anyone to lower their prices? Just as the original poster said, the majority of these companies are fly by night. Larger companies aren't intimidated by that. Do you think that clothing retailers lower their prices to compete with cheap no name brands? The market is over saturated but I dislike the idea of telling folks how to run their business. With so many options out there, if one finds that a brand is too expensive or not worth the markup, they can choose another brand and move forward.

I know what my hair budget is. If someone has hair that I want but it's outside of that budget, I simply don't buy it...shop around, move on to the next. But I highly doubt that the cheaper companies (who usually offer substandard products or simply don't know the "worth" of what they have) will force the bigger companies who have been around for a while to chop prices.
MoriahElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoriahElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 5:46pm
Recently ordered from a vendor i found on instagram, which i Never do. Im usually a belladream fan but ever since they sent me a "bad batch" & claimed that it was not that fault because they only send out fine quality hair i was Onto the next! Anyways I pre-ordered this hair . Got malaysian 14.16.18 the only con was that shipping took a little over a week and a half.
The hair didnt have a corn chip smell liked im used to , but i guess well see after my install.

nygirl444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygirl444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 9:29pm
LOLLOLWWW.A1HAIRSPOT.COM posted some mess on my yelp giving me two stars and put some info up about her sisters hair company.... you have never been to my salon and out of the 100 weaves i do per month not ONE person has ever brought your sisters hair in so your marketing is NOT WORKING!!! Her hair is clearly from ALIEXPRESS and its obvious that its not VIRGIN hair... Lesson hun... ppl on BHM know hair games when they see them. You should let your sisters product speak for itself if i is indeed that amazing. Word of mouth advertisement is better than these cheesy posts you are leaving all over the net.LOL

Edited by nygirl444 - Jan 22 2014 at 9:34pm
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:46pm
^^^ Aliexpress is iffy huh? Wink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>