Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

So many people are now selling hair extensions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AlwaysJ1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlwaysJ1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2015 at 10:11am
There are too many people on these social media websites who are selling Chinese hair and calling the hair virgin hair. They purchase the hair from Aliexpress and sell it to people for an arm and a leg. They don't want to spend time and money to invest in the real deal when it comes to hair. Most stylist are selling Processed hair and those who go into the hair salon with the real hair(raw unprocessed hair) they always try to find out where the customer purchased the hair but they are not willing to spend the appropriate price on the product.. Another thing is that all these companies are paying people to advertise their hair companies but the hair is straight garbage!! I've heard a couple people say that Ming lee hair has a corn chip smell, but because she's well known so they go out of their way to buy hair from her. When I purchase raw Indian hair I've NEVER had any smell to my hair. Raw Unprocessed hair will frizz due to the humidity that's why it's important to use heat protectant. I'm tired of people talking bout I'm looking for some virgin hair that won't frizz when it gets hot... Like are you serious. You are looking for some processed hair because you don't have a clue what is RAW Hair. To me it's so funny because the companies that do offer the real deal when it comes to hair, they have a lot of followers but not a lot of supporters. It's the ones who take short cuts in the hair game then sell the hair for $400 and up with the help of a YouTube guru or a well known person they are the ones who are messing up the hair game. All these different type of curl patterns: ocean wave,pineapple curl like are you serious.
Sponsored Links

Mocha_Shay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mocha_Shay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2015 at 1:34pm
i know im so angry with myself that when i started wearing "virgin" hair, i didnt start selling it.. cause now that i want to actually sell hair , i feel like it would be so hard to set myself from the next person. .. the thing is so many women out here dont like to be told nothing .. and the min i tell somebody my honest opinion that their $60.00 24 inch is not real virgin hair they think im jealous.. when in actuality im just being real and you're asking for my opinion Unhappy.. ive spent thousands of dollars on hair and i know whats good hair and whats hair that will be good for this install and maybe some filler hair .. Im in it to make money but im also in it to be a reputable seller as well. Im tired of seeing people with 24 inch hair thats going one way and the chick is going the other way.... *sigh* and im tired of seeing people scam people.. but it also comes down to people understanding.. good hair is going to cost more money.. .. *sigh*.. i wont continue to rant.. but there's a lot of things that needs to chage ..
Sweet Serenity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet Serenity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2015 at 7:34am
Many people, including my old stylists have asked me to sell.  I'm just not into dealing with people like that.  My SO said he'd do it for me.
beautifuldream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautifuldream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2015 at 8:51pm
Actually I just started selling hair. I have an online store.
IsItReal03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IsItReal03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2015 at 6:38pm
Has anyone tried Apsara Cambodian hair? Since Josh (Angkor) is apparently 50/50 with his quality. IMO the price point is low enough to gamble. I've purchased hair from some vendors that ppl raved about such as Sassy Mitchel, Indique & Extension Plus and they were alright, not terrific. Sassy Mitchell NC was the worst. One bundle was good and the other was horrible, extremely dry. Others ppl said some vendors were horrible and I didn't have any issues, shrugs. I've never really worn beauty supply hair, when I was younger for those who live in Manhattan we used to get hair from Penny's by the ounces to braid our hair for the wet&wild look and they sprayed the hair with water so you could see the curl pattern and when I started weaving I use to get spanish wave from random places in Bklyn and Broadway, and never had shedding or tangling issues and never had to seal wefts. Now with all these vendors it's always 50/50. I'm not into lengths anymore and I was looking for quality hair at a low cost point because I've been on a Bob kick and nothing pisses me off more to spend over $300 on hair and have it cut and knowing you cannot reuse it. So my last install I said, let me try some pack hair, was told to try Bobbi Boss. My install lasted 2weeks I couldn't take the feel and tangling it was awful especially feeling the hair tangling on the side of my face. So I came to you ladies for vendor recommendations and it was good reading the rave reviews initially then all hell broke out. I did email Josh and told him about the hair quality issues being reported and his response was, he is aware of what's being said on BHM, he mentioned the website, not I. He's stated that the majority of his reviews are good with the exception of a staged RANT his quality had not changed. Obviously not everyone agrees with opinion.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2015 at 8:30pm
WOW.

Edited by india100 - Oct 24 2015 at 8:30pm
Busines woman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busines woman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2015 at 7:23am
Anyone know where to find good wholesale closures
D E L L A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D E L L A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2015 at 10:03am

I am a new member to BHM and a new hair extension retailer. I was wondering how I could go about getting authentic feedback from the participants on this forum about my website?

I want to provide the best customer experience for my clients and would appreciate any advice given.

My website is www.dellabeauty.com

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I didn't know any other way to ask the question.

Please help lol. Thanks advance for your time & consideration.
hairqueen2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairqueen2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2015 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by hairqueen2013 hairqueen2013 wrote:

Just about every social media site is full of new online hair extension business owners, every week ten more new hair extension businesses pop up, and you can definitely tell that they are new business just by looking at their followers and the activity on their social media pages. The hair extensions industry is now saturated it wasn’t this saturated in 2010. I’ve met 70-80 year old women selling hair extensions. I even met a 78-year-old man selling hair extensions from the trunk of his car. There’s not a day that goes by that I’m not flooded with offers on social media to purchase hair extensions. It’s quite obvious the hair extension industry is making a ton of money and there’s a lot more to be made especially with new hair extension trends, but it amazes me how some people can just wake up one day and say “hey I think I’m going to start selling hair extensions” I take my hat off to those people because unlike others they are making an effort to become an entrepreneur, but what I have a problem with is some of these people not doing their research on hair extensions or the industry, these people I’m referring to are in it just to make money. Not all hair extension sellers are like this but you all know the ones I’m talking about and they know who they are as well. These people selling hair extensions just to make money are the ones making it bad for others who are really into this business as a career.
When I see hair suppliers selling hair @ 2 bundles for $60.00 (and various other low prices) claiming that the hair is Remy Virgin hair, I have a problem with that because as most of you hair sellers know there is no way you can get Authentic Remy or Virgin hair at such a discounted price from the wholesaler that your able to sell it basically for $30.00 a bundle.
Here’s my thought and a suggestion, either you actually believe that your wholesaler is telling you the truth that they are selling you Remy or Virgin hair and you’re not knowledgeable about hair extensions or the industry and you believe whatever your wholesaler tells you about hair extensions, or you just don’t care and you’re in it to make money. My suggestion is, make yourself knowledgeable about the industry and if you do know your hair extensions brand is not Remy or Virgin then just say it to the people who are buying from you. Just because your hair extensions aren’t Remy or virgin doesn’t mean no one will buy from you. People use certain hair extensions for various reasons. Some people may only need hair extensions for a day or week or maybe they can’t afford the most expensive hair extensions but they still want to look good, you never know what someone’s reason for buying your hair extensions are unless you ask. Instead of lying to or deceiving your customers talk about the benefits of using your hair extensions. Like how long they will last (the truth) how they hold heat etc etc. People will respect you more by telling them the truth wouldn’t you rather have a customer coming back to you or referring you instead of not coming back and spreading the word about how bad your extensions are. You can keep selling the same hair extensions but you should invest in authentic hair extensions as well. People will buy both but at least they know they’re getting the truth from you about which brand is best for them to purchase.
If you’re going to be in the hair extensions industry, keep it real otherwise the industry will get a bad review. If you’re looking to get into the industry do your research first.

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/Howtosellhair 
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/howtosellhair 
Instagram:  http://instagram.com/howtosellhair 

kinsey2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinsey2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2015 at 8:32pm
Yeah, so many girls need hair extensions, that is why so many people are selling hair extensions.

http://www.charmh.com/products/

offer different grades and different types of hair extensions. If any one wants to do the hair extensions business, this will be a great vendor. Try to contact this website admin for more detail.

Especially, the warehouse is in Michigan, so if you do business, you do not need to spend a lot of money to have your stocks, and shipping will be faster. 

Edited by kinsey2015 - Dec 18 2015 at 8:34pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic