Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So I'm writing another paper...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:52pm
Yea, I don't see enough dark skinned babies anymore
It hurts my heart that IF I see a black man spending time with his child(ren) outside, the majority of the time the child(ren) is biracial.

I see it daily. Rarely do I see a black man with black babies.
Sick

Edited by Derri - Nov 25 2012 at 9:54pm
Sponsored Links

nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

It hurts my heart that IF I see a black man spending time with his child(ren) outside, the majority of the time the child(ren) is biracial.

Sick

This is so true. It bothers me too, because it makes me feel like were gradually losing our identity. Interracial couples are great and all, but when all the black men have mixed kids, its irritating. Like, what's so wrong with having a Hershey baby dammit.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:11pm
Now yall know it's only the girls that be biracial in the shows and commericals

You have a Black mama, Black daddy, Black son and mixed-race, light skint, curly lil girl and we suppose to believe she was the "recessive" trait child Stern Smile
Immie89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Immie89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:16pm
What class is this for...how come your papers are so damn interesting .
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Sick

you are a fellow Torontonian right? I remember when I said this in a thread, Afro was acting like I was talking shiit smh...im glad to know another Torontonian can back up my claims lol
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Immie89 Immie89 wrote:

What class is this for...how come your papers are so damn interesting .

lol it's for my media class
i always pick things having to do with black ppl/women/etc, that's why they always seem interesting

this one is a 10-12 pager so I can really sink my teeth into it whereas my other paper was only 4-5 pages smh
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:51pm
I think most people do not understand how Toronto is, that don't llive here. Which is to be expected, but pls take our word for it. Seriously, from what I see, I wouldn't say black on black love is booming. I wouldn't say IR relationships aren't prevalent, I wouldn't say us dark women get a lot of love and respect. Most of the children ages 1-12 I see are biracial. Most of the fat dirty looking white women are pushing biracial children in strollers. And black men take pride in their light skinned, 'good haired' babies by being seen in public with them.

Just my experience.
I just really hope us black women can find love and adoration too, and not feel like our men are running from us.
It further contributes to the color complex and the good hair bad hair issue. It does feel like we are becoming extinct. At least for the city I live in. Now of course if I go back to Guyana, black babies are everywhere. So it is societal and subject to change.

Sorry to kind of go off topic.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:55pm
Derri, prepare to get a backlash from the 'Black men lovers' group... Disapprove thou shall not spill the truth about thy Black man on Black woman forum

You will be accused of Black male bashing... don't say I didn't warn ya Stern Smile
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 12:01am
I love my people and our men, and if anyone has ever paid attention to any I say on here, they would know that.
Anyway, I have a wonderful black man whom I am in love with and engaged to marry. However, I see what I see.

Also, this is not a 'white' city. Hundreds of people migrate to Canada per day, Thousands per year, and many of them come to Toronto from the South East Asia, middle east, Africa, and the Caribbean. Oh and the Philippines!

Edited by Derri - Nov 26 2012 at 12:06am
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 12:01am
Derri ain't black male bashing but lets not act brand new, lots of women on this forum do that

Derri is keeping it real and Derri girl I feel you 100%

The thing that kills me is Tdot is not a white city like that, it is very diverse so these problems shouldn't exist.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>