Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

So if your toddler son thinks he is a girl..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:43am
It was the best I ever had. 
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:49am
you have a gorgeous smile sang. first time ive seen you smile. so bright and pretty.Heart
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 5:30am
Originally posted by SensitiveSwag SensitiveSwag wrote:

Euthanize him.

Really?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 5:32am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

If a child said they feel white on the inside and wants to bleach their skin, wear blonde wigs and blue contacts, would yall be okay with that?

before someone asks how the two relate, the hypothetical is no different than the OP. Both about children struggling with their identity. 
LOLLOL

Clap
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 5:38am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Lmao if my kids tried that mess

I literally laughed at this for about five minutes...
And it was that good laugh that comes from deep in your gut and brings tears to your eyes.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 5:41am
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Lmao if my kids tried that mess

I literally laughed at this for about five minutes...
And it was that good laugh that comes from deep in your gut and brings tears to your eyes.

Lmao I died at that plane gifLOL
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:49am
idk how one feels female either. feeling female vs what? I am not male, have never been male, will never be male so how would i know how that feels? And gender roles are socially constructed, so idk im beginning to think its a load of crock...

1.wanting to do things more greatly associated with the western female population =/= feeling like a woman, for gender roles vary throughout the world.

2.If it is the chemicals in your brain that are "telling" you you are of the opposite gender you were born then perhaps this should be associated with mental illness...there are plenty of things that the chemicals in your brain can tell you to do.

3.As far as hating the genitalia with which you were born, there are mental illnesses where people hate various different parts of their own bodies and would prefer to have them cut off/removed.

5. most children dont feel one way or another about having certain genitals, i know i wasnt proud to have a vagina at 5, people are only given pride about things when they are praised and only hate them when they've been conditioned to believe that they are wrong/bad....

sorry about the titan graph and i hope it makes some sense cuz i just woke up Ouch
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:08am
Awww she's a cute little girl!
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:26am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

idk how one feels female either. feeling female vs what? I am not male, have never been male, will never be male so how would i know how that feels? And gender roles are socially constructed, so idk im beginning to think its a load of crock...

1.wanting to do things more greatly associated with the western female population =/= feeling like a woman, for gender roles vary throughout the world.

2.If it is the chemicals in your brain that are "telling" you you are of the opposite gender you were born then perhaps this should be associated with mental illness...there are plenty of things that the chemicals in your brain can tell you to do.

3.As far as hating the genitalia with which you were born, there are mental illnesses where people hate various different parts of their own bodies and would prefer to have them cut off/removed.

5. most children dont feel one way or another about having certain genitals, i know i wasnt proud to have a vagina at 5, people are only given pride about things when they are praised and only hate them when they've been conditioned to believe that they are wrong/bad....

sorry about the titan graph and i hope it makes some sense cuz i just woke up Ouch

as with other mental illness medication/therapy can help but do you think it can in this case?
i.e the boy looks happier as a girl though.

For me i don't know what i would do though. As an African, i feel these are first world problems, don't see many African parents running around with this dilemma. 
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:48am
You don't identify as female or male. You either are or you aren't. You can enjoy the aspects of being female ie painted nails, dresses, and heels, but you are no more female than I am white. You are who you are. People teach their children to be proud of themselve or their colors or talents everyday, this has no difference to me. "Female standards" are social and have to be taught. No one comes out thinking they were born to wear a dress, because it's just not part of your psyche as a child, someone or something has to condition them toward that conclusion.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic