Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

So if your toddler son thinks he is a girl..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:05pm
I don't think so. 

It aint like the boy would DIE if he can't be a girl. 

I like to think of myself as being open minded but like Blaque said, not under my roof. 

Please. 
Sponsored Links

LushHair_Fein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote LushHair_Fein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:06pm
Parenting has nothing to do with it. 

I don't believe in forcing a person to be someone or something they are NOT.  If that is truly how they feel on the inside, nothing about parenting is going to change that...  In fact if they had not embraced it, it is a possibility it could have caused more damage...     

Honestly, I truly didn't understand this concept until I met and got to know several transgender people myself.
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

I don't think so. 

It aint like the boy would DIE if he can't be a girl. 

I like to think of myself as being open minded but like Blaque said, not under my roof. 

Please. 

A lot of transgendered people who are not embraced by their families become suicidal...so this isn't necessarily true.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:14pm
I get that. But a lot of people who follow traditional gender roles and people who are accepted for being transgender are suicidal too. He'll be alright.

Edited by noneyons - Dec 13 2012 at 6:17pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:19pm
I dont think ur average parent would know how to handle the situation until they're in it. The whole ideal of "not in my house" sounds good until your faced with it on a daily basis. Ignoring it wont make it go away. I think the best way to address is through counseling(solo,with the parents and for the parents solo as well)  so they all can understand their feelings and how to address it. In some cases parents are to lax and the child grows up faster than they need to because their "different". There should still be guidance there as well as support. If I were in that position my child wouldnt be getting any kind of hormone shots before the age of 16/17 and they wouldnt be having any type of cosmetic/gender reassignment surgery until theyre an adult.  
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:29pm
she's gonna be what she wants to be/is meant to be whether under your roof or not. 

thats why there are so many homeless lgbqt teens
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

That has to be tuff for the parents.

I agree. I would want to support my child but who actually takes their toddler seriously
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

I get that. But a lot of people who follow traditional gender roles and people who are accepted for being transgender are suicidal too. He'll be alright.

If that makes you feel better I guess. Don't see what one has to do with the other Confused

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by P31chick P31chick wrote:

I wasnt aware that a two year old can comprehend the differences between genders to full capacity.  I know plenty of moms who have stories about their little boys wanting to wear their heels or play with a purse or dolls and they say that for most it is just a phase.  Most of these little boys grow up to be very much masculine and have no feminine traits.  So as parents when we see these phases can they be altered by how much we tolerate at these times.  Like if a baby says I am not a good boy I'm a good girl....do we just say Oh okay yes you are.  Or do we correct them? 

I know a transgendered person born a boy and now identifies as a woman.  However her parents saw this phase and embraced it because they felt it was just a phase, however it just never stopped. Do you think parenting has a role in these matters?

No
what are you "correcting?" that little boys should wear blue and play with tonka trucks and GI Joe because society told you so?
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:32pm
I something do think there is a chemical imbalance somewhere with people like him. What if he was really suppose to be a girl but didn't develop properly?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic