Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So I sent My Son to the Store Today....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

^^^ Call it what you want, but her son came home... on time, not locked up.. Or the latter...

You've been Thanked Darling...
Sponsored Links

keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Stern Smile
Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

^^^ Call it what you want, but her son came home... on time, not locked up.. Or the latter...

You've been Thanked Darling...

Hug
Thank you.. It's not easy raising a black man....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 9:13pm
Ok I understand not reporting or calling out every racist cause we have jobs and that would take all day. But just give them what they give back to them. Laughing with them in 2013 after Trayvon Martin? Um no. 

Maybe because I went to all white schools so I got comfortable in talking back sh*t to them. When I used to have white friends, I had a white girl say racist stuff that I never addressed and I vowed that that would be the last time I evvvvver let a white person talk to me like that and not say anything back.
So it begins.

I remember when a white girl said how gross black hair is and how she is happy she doesn't have it. So I responded by saying at least my hair isn't greasy and smell like wet dog after showering. She looked like she wanted to cry.

My mom and I were leaving her office. This white security guard of hispanic descent comes over to us and tells us he saw black males walking around and this place is to be kept safe implying that we knew the men. So my mom goes, "I'm not sure what you are referring to. However, ever since that Fiesta opened up around the corner, I've been worried about the safety of this area." He looked like he lost his train of thought and walked away.

My white roommate's boyfriend saw me and my male friend enter my apartment when he was on his way out. I went into the room to change because we were about to go out. Fast forward to a few weeks later when my roommate told me that her boyfriend didn't feel comfortable leaving her alone while my male friend was in the living room alone. Word. I said "Um that's odd because he was waiting for me to get ready for a night out and honestly he doesn't even like white girls." Then I straight up said "Your boyfriend is racist." She kept denying it like I said he was cheating. 

I have to admit that my boyfriend and best friend say I have to chill with white people hate though lol. I'm trying, but they are so shady. The only white friends I have are homosexual and understanding of the struggle. Maybe because I'm in the south. 

Edited by keepgrowing - Sep 08 2013 at 9:18pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 9:29pm
Honestly, that is why I will always respect my ex. He is a grade A asshole, but he always calls whites out on their BS. He is now the youngest manager of an engineering company of a country small town in Texas. While his friend, a really nice guy, works at the same job laughs at their racist jokes, finishes their work without pay, works on his vacation for them and remains at entry level. They started working there the same time. I thought it was kind of mean, but my ex called him out and told his friend that he needs to stop saying yes to every bs assignment they give him.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 9:38pm
All Great Comebacks KG, I do wish He could of said something to put her in Her place but its too late now...
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 1:02am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I about had it with yt folks and their talking way. So my cube is homebase for gossip I have no idea why but everyone that's cool whether yt or black stops at my cube to always give me office tea...Disapprove Mind you I never ever ask for this info. So I'm talking to a few ladies around my desk and one asks me oh Suga how many kids do you have? Before I could blink the co-worker behind me shouts from her cube "TOO MANY". I said in my mind WTF who's even talking to you but I didn't say anything and kept talking and we all rolled our eyes and ignored her. I let that slide. This was last month.

Do you know last week this over fed pig and the nerve to come to my cube and say: Oh you know how i'm a pintrest freak well I have a neat idea for a science project for your little "Rascals". I didn't let this one slide. I'm a "I will beat your arse RET NOW and return to my computer like nothing happened voice" told her to never call my kids Rascals you don't even know them. The shock on her face and the tears began to form. I was hypnotized and started feeling bad. I said in my mind this is what BHM was talking about with the yt tears. I then proceed to IM her over the communicator and apologized that I was having a bad day. I was seriously pissed but I didn't want any tension while in the office but LAWDDDDDD. Calm down Suga! Whew.

Her first comment was just silly and she was trying to stir sh!t. But her second one was really inappropriate, especially because she was referring to someone's else child. You shouldn't have apologized because you didn't threaten to kill her, you just told her to respect your children.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 4:55am
White folks just like to get a reaction. Getting black folks hot and bothered is just what they want. 
When it gets batted my way, I act like I didn't understand what they said or didn't hear it...that throws them off. I'm unmoved. If I have to be around them a lot, as in we're colleagues...that nips it in the butt right away. Giving the stare or going back at them...I'm satisfying their desire. Bump all of that. I'm going to show you that you are a non-factor and no one is paying attention to your ignorant azz by not even acknowledging the stupidity. As long as no one is trying to cause me bodily harm..

katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 12:09pm
I don't know if I could have let that hoodie comment slide. At the same time, I glad he did because the important thing is that he is ALIVE and home safe...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style