Perfect Hair Collection

So I made my first shealoe...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
hipsterdryad View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hipsterdryad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So I made my first shealoe...
    Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 6:44pm
Around 2 cups of shea butter, 1 cup of aloe, a few drops of tea tree oil, 2 tablespoons of vatika oil, a teaspoon of my last of Oyin Brown Sugar Pomade, and just a few drops of vegetable glycerine.

I whip and whip and whip, all seems fair...and when I'm done, the mixture is "sweating" and the aloe is coming out in goops. So, defeated, I scoop the mixture into 2 containers and throw 'em at the back of the fridge, never to look at 'em for a while. For all I know, they'll make a rich body lotion.

*pout*

Edited by hipsterdryad - Sep 20 2009 at 8:19pm
Sponsored Links

natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 6:50pm
hipster aloe is a very stubborn thing. It MUST have an emulsifier to combine with oils. Yes, it will always sweat, in an attempt to be removed from anything that tries to attach to it. Been there done that!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hipsterdryad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 6:56pm
I just read that honey is a natural emulsifier. Ooh. What dost thou think? I have no clue where to buy lecithin or anything like that...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 7:00pm
lecithin you can find in your local hippy shop. the body builders use it to make their icky power drinks.

I don't believe honey is powerful enough to bind aloe to anything. No way. Aloe is no joke.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hipsterdryad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 7:04pm
Well, I'm off to check at my health foods store. Will keep you updated.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 7:12pm
Do that. Before you try again with lecithin be sure to view Desaundrea's vids on YT. She goes in uber detail about emulsifiers. Good luck!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 7:31pm
one more thing hipster, that bad batch is fixable. It's a matter of reheating it over a double boiler, and adding a couple of your ingredients and your emulsifier. Don't throw it out just yet. Desaundrea has a vid on fixing jacked up batches of shealoe as well.

Shealoe is tricky. Good luck.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hipsterdryad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 7:35pm
Thank you ma'am. I'm about to rinse off my bowl, reheat and add the lecithin (it came in granule form - is that ok?).

Thanks again. :)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 7:40pm
NO NO NO NO GRANULES!!! You need liquid. The granules have to be heated and melted. I have it and haven't tried it yet but you CANNOT add straight. You will make your first disaster seem tame compared to this!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hipsterdryad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

NO NO NO NO GRANULES!!! You need liquid. The granules have to be heated and melted. I have it and haven't tried it yet but you CANNOT add straight. You will make your first disaster seem tame compared to this!

The only liquid form were in capsules and they were expensive. *sigh* Cry
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>