BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

So I finally got some YouTube action!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So I finally got some YouTube action!
    Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 6:08pm
Hi girls,

Some of you might remember I posted a few months ago about being scammed by people claiming to be YouTube reviewers for some of my hair and then ran off with the hair. Well you ladies kindly suggested that I message some of the BHMers that are also on YouTube to see if they could do for me (thank you all).

I got positive responses from KeraNykole and HairDeLaCreme (I think her screen name here is Trendsetta25). Big smile I'm really excited to post this video so you guys can see the ombre effect she has created with the hair she's wearing. 

I've also started my own YouTube channel (posted this in the talk, talk, talk forum last week) so please do watch and subscribe. I explain in the first video what is going on in my life at the moment as I have recently been made redundant from my main office day jobOuch. At the moment I'm trying to put all my energy into my hair business as well as have more time to do weave installs (for London based UK ladies).

I would really appreciate any support from my BHM Weaves and Extensions family at this point in my life. I'm not entirely sure where this journey is going to take me but I always try to share with the girls on this board since you have taught me so much as well as been a part of my life for nearly a decade now. Cry I love y'all.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 11:17pm
Hey alynxx
I like the two tone curly . I think you would want all Feekback to be successful in your business .

I like the texture of your install . I would add a few layers or Trim for a more realistic look . I self install , but back in the day I would make a decision on who I pay based on the stylist hair .

You are beautiful and the hair looks real . I just feel you should tame it a little to represent your business . You avi picture looks great on you . Can you make the hair in the video wave up ?

I use Sabino moisture block to tame my Coarse Indian .
I understand many products are difficult if you live outside of the states . I think you should post a weave install to bring more interest and support . I for one no nothing about Lacefronts to be honest .

I pray you understand my post comes from a good place without malice .
I know after watching you over the years , everything will work out for you . I also understand most stylist have little time to take care of one self .

Take your time . We will support you . BHM may be the big break you need . You know how many folk lurk . I wish you all the success possible . I will personally support you in anyway possible .

Thank you for sharing . God bless .

alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 3:55am
Hey India - thank you very much. I know that your post does not come from malice at all and I am always improving. Smile I haven't layered the hair yet just because of that I have been so busy trying to get this off the ground but you make some very very good points that I will take on board. Thank you for your kind words and for being constructive. Hug

I did flat iron the hair after washing and deep conditioning so I can always post that video for you ladies once it's up. 

Like I said BHM is the place I started and like my virtual "home". I always come back here when all is said and done. 

I will post my next weave install which will probably be a very kinky Afro weave since I am now natural. Thumbs Up

Gods Child View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gods Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 7:39am
Congratulations alynxx and the very best of luck with your new venture!
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 9:27am
Thanks honey!
HaitianBeauty_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 10:56am
So I watched (skimmed) through the videos without volume and here is my feedback (all from a good place):

I think you need to polish your presentation. I understand that you are busy but first impression is everything and at the end of the day despite how many Gurus you have reviewing your hair on YouTube, you are the face of your business. I just did what many people searching for quality hair do now a days since there are so many vendors in the game. You have to catch my eye before I hear what you have to say. Based on the videos posted, there is nothing that would incline me to purchase. But the part that really sealed the deal was the fact that the second video is titled "Keeping it all the way real about my Mongolian Kinky Straight" and then soon as the videos starts it says "Featuring Dream Tresses Malaysian Kinky Straight" Is it Mongolian or is it Malaysian? I am not into the whole hair origin thing myself but that's a BIG no no for me and that's not the first time I have seen vendors make that mistake. But you need to be sure you are paying attention to detail. If you are not paying attention to detail with the little YouTube video you posted, will you pay attention to detail with my order that I need on a certain date A.S.A.P. what about my money? From the moment you wake up pay attention to the detail in your wardrobe, your hair, your conversations EVERYTHING and ask yourself how will it positively affect your business?

I wish you the very best of luck!
Motheone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Motheone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 11:07am

^^^^ Excellent constructive feedback.

alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by HaitianBeauty_ HaitianBeauty_ wrote:

So I watched (skimmed) through the videos without volume and here is my feedback (all from a good place):

I think you need to polish your presentation. I understand that you are busy but first impression is everything and at the end of the day despite how many Gurus you have reviewing your hair on YouTube, you are the face of your business. I just did what many people searching for quality hair do now a days since there are so many vendors in the game. You have to catch my eye before I hear what you have to say. Based on the videos posted, there is nothing that would incline me to purchase. But the part that really sealed the deal was the fact that the second video is titled "Keeping it all the way real about my Mongolian Kinky Straight" and then soon as the videos starts it says "Featuring Dream Tresses Malaysian Kinky Straight" Is it Mongolian or is it Malaysian? I am not into the whole hair origin thing myself but that's a BIG no no for me and that's not the first time I have seen vendors make that mistake. But you need to be sure you are paying attention to detail. If you are not paying attention to detail with the little YouTube video you posted, will you pay attention to detail with my order that I need on a certain date A.S.A.P. what about my money? From the moment you wake up pay attention to the detail in your wardrobe, your hair, your conversations EVERYTHING and ask yourself how will it positively affect your business?

I wish you the very best of luck!

Well thanks for your feedback and noticing that point about the video - it's good to have feedback both good and bad so that one may improve. I've gone back to edit the video to take that part with the wrong name out. It should be gone in about 30 mins on Youtube. Now fixed. Big smile

I have two types of KS - Mongolian and Malaysian. One type is a lot thicker than the other and one is slightly more coarse than the other. Anyway this entire journey is a learning process for me so all these tweaks help along the way. Doing this as a fully fledged business is a lot to take on so unfortunately one can have the odd minor mishap. 

You're right about attention to detail etc and I can assure everyone that I do remember that when it comes to people and their money. That's one thing I would never play around with at all. The first few videos were me just testing the waters to see what works for me and I am very new to editing videos etc so learning as I go along. 

Thanks anyway for watching and wishing me luck!Thumbs Up
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 11:35am
Originally posted by alynxx alynxx wrote:

Hey India - thank you very much. I know that your post does not come from malice at all and I am always improving. Smile I haven't layered the hair yet just because of that I have been so busy trying to get this off the ground but you make some very very good points that I will take on board. Thank you for your kind words and for being constructive. Hug

I did flat iron the hair after washing and deep conditioning so I can always post that video for you ladies once it's up. 

Like I said BHM is the place I started and like my virtual "home". I always come back here when all is said and done. 

I will post my next weave install which will probably be a very kinky Afro weave since I am now natural. Thumbs Up

You welcome . I can't wait for your Afro install .
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 11:44am
I'd like to try to make vidsss
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style