Perfect Hair Collection

So I big chopped...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So I big chopped...
    Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 5:19pm
My hair was heat damaged and uneven and in a fit of exasperation 3 days ago, I took my scissors to it and went to town.

This is my first big chop (I transitioned slowly the first time around) and I'd like to know what the options are for a twa. I have an apt with a natural hair stylist tomorrow, but I'm not sure what to ask her (besides shaping up that mess I just made :(

I saw a woman in there doing something called shingling (looked like small twisted coils all over her head) and I might try that. What other options are there? Any cute design ideas?
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 5:30pm
What do you think of this for  a round face? Would this help balance it out? Do you think it can be done on 4b hair?

twamodel

Right now, it looks more like an unkempt version of this but I'm not sure this goes with my round face
Tomiko_-0374-After-500x750

Finger coils: How long do they last and how do you maintain?
1362520387_124817119
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 5:39pm
yeah you can get her to do you a wash and go, finger coil, straw set. This seems like a good opportunity to get a really cool shape, like:

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

What do you think of this for  a round face? Would this help balance it out? Do you think it can be done on 4b hair?

twamodel

Right now, it looks more like an unkempt version of this but I'm not sure this goes with my round face

Finger coils: How long do they last and how do you maintain?

I think for a round face, definetly you want more of a angular structured look to bring out the cheekbones. Round haircuts tend to work for ppl who already have angular bone structure. Fingercoils last a long time. The last time i did mine they lasted about 10 days.

When it comes to a hair cut, it will work on anyones hair type, as long as it is cut with the shrinkage being taken into factor.

What i would suggest is look at the mirror and kind of test what shape would flatter your face the most. You can just pin hair back to give a artificial haircut, and that way you can get a better idea of what the actual cut will look like once the scissors reach your hair. You can also ask the stylist to do that for you before she starts so you can pick.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 09 2014 at 6:02pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 5:57pm
OOhh, I love the styles you posted, pinkecube, especially the last one with the blond hair. It's edgy! I will print these out and bring it to the salon tomorrow. Thanks !
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 6:00pm
yeah, that last one is pretty striking, its my favorite. Ur welcome, glad i helped!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 6:03pm
what do you moisturize your twa with?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 6:05pm

Water, conditioner, then oil or botanical gel to seal. I currently do the max hydration method, if ur interested in trying it out anytime later on.

http://Forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937.html

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 09 2014 at 6:07pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Water, conditioner, then oil or botanical gel to seal.

What conditioner? You mix it in a water bottle?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 6:18pm

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Water, conditioner, then oil or botanical gel to seal.

What conditioner? You mix it in a water bottle?

On freshly washed wet hair i apply kinky curly knot today that has been watered down in an application bottle(but not so much that the slip goes away) then i seal with kinky curly curling custard.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>