Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
IndianHair.net
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > My Experiences
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

so do you think money hinders people from god?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Author
newfoundjourney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newfoundjourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: so do you think money hinders people from god?
    Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 9:29am
besides the obvious from greed, and getting it by all means,

but i was watching the view on the internet, and joel ostean(sp) was on sometime this week, and joy asked shouldn't Christians be poor, people shouldn't ask for material things,

and that got me thinking that wow people don't know, and i think that people assume that because Jesus was poor, that we should be poor also, but if you use that point of view what about king david, he was a king and he had material things

and i don't think people know that god wants you to be wealthy in all areas of your life, and he wants you to have money so that you're never in debt, and ultimately so you can help others with your wealth

the bible does say that money is the root of evil, and it also says don't be boastful, and proud, and don't be showing out that you got ten cars and five mansions, but i think when people will do anything for money, and anything to keep it, that's when it becomes a problem, and i also believe that people are scared because what god wants might not be what you want. maybe having all that money is not god's plan he might want you to be helping people get saved in a third world country, and i think that scares people to death

what do you guys think?

cuz shoot i've been praying for my hair and some other stuff I want lol
Sponsored Links

Splendor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Splendor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 12:29pm
Anytime you love anything more than God there's going to be problems. The bible says God makes the rich and the poor. We are not to desire after wealth and success but to desire HIM only because when God's FAVOR is on you you will get what he has in store for you regardless.  I believe if your prayers don't line up with scripture you may be off in your petition.  JMHO
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by newfoundjourney newfoundjourney wrote:

besides the obvious from greed, and getting it by all means,

but i was watching the view on the internet, and joel ostean(sp) was on sometime this week, and joy asked shouldn't Christians be poor, people shouldn't ask for material things,

and that got me thinking that wow people don't know, and i think that people assume that because Jesus was poor, that we should be poor also, but if you use that point of view what about king david, he was a king and he had material things

and i don't think people know that god wants you to be wealthy in all areas of your life, and he wants you to have money so that you're never in debt, and ultimately so you can help others with your wealth

the bible does say that money is the root of evil, and it also says don't be boastful, and proud, and don't be showing out that you got ten cars and five mansions, but i think when people will do anything for money, and anything to keep it, that's when it becomes a problem, and i also believe that people are scared because what god wants might not be what you want. maybe having all that money is not god's plan he might want you to be helping people get saved in a third world country, and i think that scares people to death

what do you guys think?

cuz shoot i've been praying for my hair and some other stuff I want lol

The bible doesn't say that money is the root of all evil. The bible says the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. So you can have money and still live your life for the Lord. It becomes an issue when people put their riches before God.

1 Timothy 6:10 (New King James Version)

10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Edited by nella - Nov 06 2009 at 1:30pm
newfoundjourney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newfoundjourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 2:09pm
so if we all agree on the same premise, how do you combat that idea with those that are scared because they have been told the wrong thing

and do you think that, thats the reason why people don't come to god
lolabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 4:11pm
Money becomes a problem when people think that they don't need God because they are rich.I believe some of these famous people wouldn't have all these problems if they know God and how important it is to have him in our lives. They think they are on top of the world because they could buy whatever materialistic things they money can buy. But they can't buy happiness or a care free life because you need God to get you to a level of contentment.

Edited by lolabelle - Nov 06 2009 at 4:13pm
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 5:29pm
How to combat it you ask?  Tell them what the bible really says.  That's all you can do. 

People miss scriptures like these:
Psalm 37:25
I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

If an earthly parent wants whats best for their child why wouldn't God?  I'm not saying that we should or will get what we want when we want it.  But as long as we keep God first, we pray about it, and it won't hinder our walk with him, god does give us things.  We should be happy and greatful for the things that he allows us to have (staying humble of course).  Having things can also be a powerful testimony.
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2009 at 8:56am

I don't understand why some think it's not good to have money when God talks about prosperity throughout the bible.

If a child of God is poor, how can they be a blessing to someone else? Don't get me wrong, I do know that a person can be a blessing to someone else without it being financially but even still, money would have to play a role in it some where. Let's say you are giving a person a ride after church, you are being a blessing to them but it took your funds to put gas in your vehicle in order to take them where they needed to go.

So Proverty does not equal holiness anymore than Prosperity equals unrighteousness.
gimmeMORE. View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimmeMORE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 9:15pm
Yes it can. if someone is  so consumed with paper chasing and being materialistic that can put them further from God. It can be easy to become greedy
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 8:15am
Sometimes people think they're doing the right thing by putting money before God and that one flies under the radar big time.  They (and I used to do this, God had to really break me up from this) will say things like "the preacher is being greedy, some people don't have jobs and can't give money, pay tithes, etc,. I got bills to pay, etch ect,.  We all have expenses and maybe people to take care of but when God is asking us to do something we have to stop making excuses.  It's nothing but disobediance and distrust in God (you don't think God will provide you with enough money).  God makes it clear in the Bible that we're supposed to give that's really not negotiable so in that way, I say again that yes money does hinder people from God.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:10pm
Absolutely not! I think being born in wealth or gaining wealth in any way, is just a trial that a person has to go through. Are you sharing the money? Or are you only using for yourself or to bribe cops and judges so you never pay for your crimes?
Are you helping others with the money? Or are you greedy and stingy? God gave you this amazing gift so you can use it for good. You should enjoy the money too, but if you have a fortune and choose to only share with your friends and family, you are not being generous.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic