Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Smmfh the Black community is FINISHED politically
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Smmfh the Black community is FINISHED politically

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:14pm
in case anyone thinks i thanked mm's post about obama, i didn't. wasn't me. 

i'm with tc. that was just plain dramatical LOL

and i agree with you rumbera.  
Sponsored Links

femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

folks think that the only political demands being made by latino voters is immigration reform. nah, they're demanding much more than that. 

they want an increase in education funding for "hispanic serving institutions"

health care insurance for illegal immigrants

job creation for manufacturing and infrastructure (which, in case we haven't noticed, have benefited latinos more over the past decade or so when these jobs were being held by black folks before)

political clout (more of their people represented in government) in order to implement their agenda. 

etc. etc. etc.

the latino constituency demands will be met with the bargaining power of their vote. meanwhile black folks steady proving our loyalty to a party that is not concerned with our interests, content reaping the residuals benefits from lobbyists fighting for their interests. 

on the bright side, latinos social and fiscal agendas mirror ours in a lot of ways so we can be happy with the scraps. 

If they EVER EVER EVER EVER get that my ass will become a proud Republican for life. I don't agree with the social constraints they put on people but I'll be damned if this happens. 

Edited by femmemichelle - Jan 04 2013 at 8:21pm
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:52pm
As much as I am for black people, I'm for all (minority) people, so it doesn't really bother me. I think all people should have a fair shot at a successful life whether black, latino, asian, etc. Why put one race vs the other, instead of trying to help for the entire immigrant population. Let's not forget latino people are not the only immigrants (illegal or otherwise) here in the US. What about our African brethren? Or our black folks from the Carribean?

I'm for immigration reform if it is not exclusive to the latino community. As long as "we" can reap the benefits too?
jayjaynonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jayjaynonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 2:09am
We do have to do better when it comes to voting and fighting for what we want. The fight is far from over. We can't become placated as many have, just because conditions have improved slightly. We still have to fight for the right to represented and treated equally as everyone should be treated.

Edited by jayjaynonie - Jan 05 2013 at 2:10am
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 2:31am
Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

As much as I am for black people, I'm for all (minority) people, so it doesn't really bother me. I think all people should have a fair shot at a successful life whether black, latino, asian, etc. Why put one race vs the other, instead of trying to help for the entire immigrant population. Let's not forget latino people are not the only immigrants (illegal or otherwise) here in the US. What about our African brethren? Or our black folks from the Carribean?

I'm for immigration reform if it is not exclusive to the latino community. As long as "we" can reap the benefits too?

I will put it like this.. many immigrants don't empathize with you, especially them^^^^^ ... you are a sweet woman, but the real world does not work like this. 
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

holy shot, cortez agreed with mid?

jr.

Scary, huh?
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 7:35pm
Very interesting to see the same people who were raging against voting in the election thread are in here foaming at the mouth Confused.
 It's a game of numbers.  Hispanics will be the majority by 2050 ( or 2030), right now is the time to court their vote.  

They were already labeled "White" in the past census. I am waiting to see when the gringos absorb them and add them to their ranks ( see past immigrant populations), so that they can retain their majority status and privileges. 

pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:24pm
Black people are finished. PERIOD..allblock_box_v1{border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#ff5500;}

Edited by pattigurlatl - Jan 06 2013 at 2:25pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Black people are finished. PERIOD.

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:42pm
I wouldn't go that far but I would admit that we are in the most shameful and unfortunate disposition at this time... im not sure that we can bounce back from here seeing that so many of us have been indoctrinated with the most terrible habits and mentalities

Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Black people are finished. PERIOD..allblock_box_v1{border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#ff5500;}
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic